Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the stock lollipops yesterday. Turn signals and LED relay all came from US sellers on EBAY. 4 LED turn signals, 16 LED's each signal, $14.98 with free shipping. LED relay $9.99, $5 shipping.

bikepics-2636889-full.jpg
bikepics-2636891-full.jpg
bikepics-2636890-full.jpg
bikepics-2636894-full.jpg
bikepics-2636892-full.jpg

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks great! The running lights, hazard lights, turn signals- do all of them work, back and front?
Can you share the link where you got them? Been looking for a good set myself.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great! The running lights, hazard lights, turn signals- do all of them work, back and front?
Can you share the link where you got them? Been looking for a good set myself.
The hazard lights and turn signals of course work, and flash at the same rate as stock. The front running lights have been eliminated.

Motorcycle Electronic LED Flasher Relay Fast Blink Fix Plug Play Connector | eBay Link to flasher relay.

New 4pcs Motorcycle 16LED Black Turn Signals Indicators Amber | eBay Link to turn signals.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice signals! I've been keeping my eye out for a set that I like.

How did you go about making the rear signals running lights? Are the rear signal connections under the the seat set up to be plug and play if you have signals with a running light wire?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice signals! I've been keeping my eye out for a set that I like.

How did you go about making the rear signals running lights? Are the rear signal connections under the the seat set up to be plug and play if you have signals with a running light wire?
They are not set up as running lights front or rear, just kind of seems like it in 2 of the pics. In 2 of the pics I have the emergency flashers on, guess I should have mentioned that. I just wanted to make sure that there were photos of the lights on. The rear signals are 2 wire only (ground, signal), fronts are of course 3 wire.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can you tell me about the quality? Are they water proof? Looks like they thread right into existing bracket? LED stuff can be quite expensive. I'm shocked at this cheap price.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't have access to the wiring for stock front signals at the moment. I see they come with bullet crimps on the wires. Did you have to plug the wires into a OEM connector in order to install, or are the OEM bullet connectors as well?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have access to the wiring for stock front signals at the moment. I see they come with bullet crimps on the wires. Did you have to plug the wires into a OEM connector in order to install, or are the OEM bullet connectors as well?
I cut the stock Yamaha connectors off of the stock turn signals and soldered them onto the new turn signals after cutting off the bullet connectors. If you choose to, you could simply solder the new signals into the wiring harness. I recommend changing to stock Yamaha connectors.

Note: the black wire on the stock signal connector is the ground wire. Black wire on the new signals is the ground wire also. I believe the power for the turn signals on the stock Yamaha signal connector is a brown wire for the left (clutch) side of the bike, and a green wire for the right (throttle) side of the bike.I used a test light to check the wiring for ground/power, I recommend you do as well, my memory aint what it used to be.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
you can cut off the connectors from the stock turn signals and graft, or you can buy bullet-to-yamaha connectors.

here are the ones i used:

Yamaha Turn Signal Wiring Harness Connectors | eBay

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey Versysrider

Thanks for posting this up. Mine arrived yesterday and a few hours later I got the email saying they shipped! Never had snail mail beat the email before. Thanks.

Daniel

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Versysrider

Thanks for posting this up. Mine arrived yesterday and a few hours later I got the email saying they shipped! Never had snail mail beat the email before. Thanks.

Daniel
Happy to help, that's what forums are all about (or should be).

They arrived before email confirmation, that's hilarious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts