Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
That'd actually be pretty good for parts. Bet you could make some good profit from parting it out, but not at 3k. I might pay 1500 to 2k

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just contacted the seller. I'm 2.5 hours away from him. Depending on how extensive the damage is I'd like to buy this bike and repair the engine. My main concern would be if the crank is bent due to the obvious impact with the flywheel-stator.

I'm having a hard time finding a new graphite model anyway, and with the extensive modifications I have planned it would be smarter to start with a crashed bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Turns out the seller does not have the title (bank does) and still owes money on it. Pretty much a deal breaker for me. Parts to repair the engine would range from around 1800$ to 3000$ I'm estimating.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Turns out the seller does not have the title (bank does) and still owes money on it. Pretty much a deal breaker for me. Parts to repair the engine would range from around 1800$ to 3000$ I'm estimating.
If the engine needs to be rebuilt to replace one of the cases or the crankshaft, the bike is worth very very little and he would be better off parting it out.

If the bank holds the title, they should have required him to buy full coverage insurance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Minimum it needs is, both case halves, stator, generator, stator cover, water pump housing. It's possibly got a bent crank also.

Maybe he hasn't reported it to insurance an is just trying to sell it to pay it off, I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts