Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I picked up this beauty of a bike just a few weeks ago and live every time I hop on the saddle! The worst part was that ugly monster hanging off the back. I looked forever to find a fender eliminator that wasn't gonna break the bank and I don't really have access to the awesome tools to make my own because I'm away from all my stuff back home while I'm at my base for training! I found a pretty cheap eliminator on eBay for 50 smackaroos and it seemed pretty suspect but I went for it anyway. Came in pretty quick and the installation was pretty straight forward. Took me about 30 minutes to do with just the tools to take off a few bolts! The cover for the keyhole is not retained but I'm not so worried about that. Ignition keyhole is exposed so what's the big deal I thought. The only thing I did that may not be for some is I just cut the old license plate light off and ended up buying some LEDs and wiring them on myself. The end product was exactly what I was hoping for and could only be happier if I didn't have to have the inspection sticker visible from the back end as well. (Get with the program Texas why would you make riders have that visible like that?)

Eliminator

PHOTO_20140727_163946.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same one. For the price, it isn't too bad but I wish it sat a little higher. You can use the factory keyhole cover by cutting it down and adding a couple of rivets (or metal tapping screws) to hold it into place. There is another seller that sells an eliminator that uses the factory license plate light and I kind of wish I went with that one instead.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No pics? Any links maybe then?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Here is my version of a "cheap" fender eliminator. I removed the existing rear fender stuff and left the "arm" bracket that comes down from under the bike. I had already mounted a MotoDynamics integrated taillight so now, with what was left hanging down, I had a piece of 1" by 1" aluminum angle and mounted it to the existing arm hanging down. It was cut the length of the license plate's width and the part that was bolted to the square piece on the end of the arm was cut to the shape of the square piece. I soon added a Tripage LED license plate frame and there is the results.....

Oh, and I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, the stock key hole cover for the seat release, is retained.

Reactions: tripage
1 - 10 of 10 Posts