Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little on the taller side and the display seems just a little too low for my liking. Does anyone know if you change change the tilt on it? I remember looking and it seemed like it was right to the column which didn't allow it but maybe I didn't look at it right.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work! Seems like a bit of work for something so simple though. Might look into it if this really starts bothering me lol. Thanks for the reply and fix! Gonna save this for later.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Well I started off wanting the dash more centered .. And with the Gregg's plate it was to flat ...so I came up with what u see... NP glad to help

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I started off wanting the dash more centered .. And with the Gregg's plate it was to flat ...so I came up with what u see... NP glad to help
Did you end up getting it more centered by doing so? I wonder why they didn't center it and make it adjustable.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has to do with where the key cylinder is ..its a little tight my way but still very doable
Oh yeah I see that being an issue, kinda a poor placement on their end for the key. Oh well love my bike to much to complain :) Thanks again for you help!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also installed Greggs custom plate and liked the new location but not the tilt. I will try your way with the gate latch.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I also installed Greggs custom plate and liked the new location but not the tilt. I will try your way with the gate latch.
My way has a plus to it that you can set it at about any angle by the bend in the catch ! I now have 1074 miles on mine and have been keeping a eye on the brackets and still solid and no vibration when riding !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kool. Actually i was looking for a for a tilt down. Maybe i could do the opposite and slide the two top rubber grommets instead.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Are the weatherstrip retainers holding holding the whole thing? What size nut did you use for the 2 OEM bolts?
No the latch catches are mounted to the bar holders and the other side is mounted to the dash panel.... have no idea on the nut size just used some that I had sitting around...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went to my local hardware store, home depot, advanced auto parts, pepboys and auto zone, not one had the same size retainer. I ended up getting 1/4" and the only black latch was in 2.5", lets see if i works.

The nut size is M6, took it apart before going out for materials.

Is it sturdy with the plastic retainers?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So got it to work. Thanx Abe. Can't even notice the latch is there once everything back on.

Put hand guards, had to slide everything in a bit. Looked too crowded and brake reservoir was touching display, needed this mod.

Cut OEM bolts flat with nuts and plasti dipped.

Angle is right where i want it now, key inserts without a problem. Feels like i have a new bike. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts