Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I give... How do I change the air filter? Do I really have to remove the gas tank????

thx, G

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
taoshum, you already have 24,000 miles (37,000km) on your FZ?
No, more like 5,000... I found a good price on a K&N and thought I put it in while changing tires but now I will wait.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm getting a 16000km service done next week and first spark plugs changed so I ordered a K&N air filter also. I'm wondering if it will give any performance gains over stock.. I know K&N's are know to give a slight boost on some cars over factory filters.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The airflow won't change much since the FZ is not a ram air intake design. Air is sucked through a tube which then goes to the airbox and through the filter. Can only force so much air through the little tube. I'd be shocked if you got 1/2 HP out of a high flow air filter on this bike.

·
Registered
730 Posts
K $N filters let lots of dirt thru..... I'll never run one on an engine I want to last more than a season.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Never had any problems with K&N filters...ran them on my Yamaha 250 Twin two stroke Flattrack bike for years and never had a eng related problem with dirt getting into the eng. And I have K&N pod filters on my FZ1 for years never a problem.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts