Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this can be a tread about different wheel colors. Post pictures of your new colors.

Many don't like the blurple wheels and Yamaha was good not to put them on all their FZ-09's . I know there are some who changed them already.

I not only changed the color but polished the rim from the center out. I removed the wheels. I could not get the rotors off because they were factory tight and were starting to round the hex in the bolt head before they turned. So I just masked the rotors off. I masked off the center, used paintstriper on the outside, once paint gone, masked off the polished area and painted the center with VHT engine metallic SP405. It was a lot of time and elbow grease but only about 20.00 cost.

The bike has no more blurple now. Pictures show bike before and after and a close up of front and rear wheels.

pfront1s.jpg pfront2s.jpg pfront3s.jpg pfront4s.jpg

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Rims look great... well worth the effort. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That looks pretty good....nice job. Just so everyone knows....BIKE magazine UK says the FZ-09 rims are exactly the same as the FZ-07 rims...and all FZ-07's come standard with black rims. If you see any crashed FZ-07's for sale, you know the rims will fit.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Looks good. Like the touring set up yah got there. Although I don't think I could handle that windshield myself.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C. Dolan, I think the white makes the red more vibrant and stick out more as a prominent color. Nice look.

I have never had white wheels probably because I did not want to clean the chain oil off. You keep yours very clean.

·
Registered
877 Posts
What did those wheels come off of? I would like to see what they look like on a Graphite fz09.

Wheels are Marvic magnesium form a 2000 GSXR 750 I used to have.

Did some machine work and spacing to fit FZ 09.

Reactions: Tonester71

·
Registered
105 Posts
The polished on the graphite looks good. Reminds me of some Z1000s I looked at. I prob would do it to my bike, but I think I like it better than the Blurple. With the wheel color changes, I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten a graphite...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wheels are Marvic magnesium form a 2000 GSXR 750 I used to have.

Did some machine work and spacing to fit FZ 09.
The white looks good, they remind me of the early 90's CBR F2's that came with white rims.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
A proper biker never lets the wheels get dirty. I love those white rims. Dolan...you're da man.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts