Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I recently have received my MT09 (FZ09) and in our country we use the metric system. I somehow figured out how to change miles to kilometers by cant figure out how to change the tempreture from fahrenheit to celsius.

Any help?
my bike is 2015 model

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Press and hold the SELECT button for one second to switch between kilo and mph. Try it when you have the temperature up on the display. It worked that way on my Honda, can't recall if the Yamaha does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey all,
I recently have received my MT09 (FZ09) and in our country we use the metric system. I somehow figured out how to change miles to kilometers by cant figure out how to change the tempreture from fahrenheit to celsius.

Any help?
my bike is 2015 model
Don't believe it's possible.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
228 Posts
Servic manual refers to temp in F only, with no instructions for changing. It mentions speed and distance in mph/kph or m/K, so I think F is the only option.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
As far as I know, the only ones that can switch from miles to kms are bikes that are sold in a market that uses miles.

My FZ6R was American and it could switch, but the temp always read in Fahrenheit. My FZ09 is Canadian and it can't switch.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
From Fahrenheit to Celsius you subtract 32 and divide by 1.8 and . To go from Celsius to Fahrenheit just the opposite multiply by 1.8 and add 32.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
My MT09 reads in C.

Harry, that's helpful, where do you mount the calculator?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Has anyone else tried changing there display from Miles to KM, and checked if it also changes the temperature from °F to °C ????

I know you can't change this on the Canadian bikes, but you can in the UK and US bikes.

All I have ever seen is this from a Yamaha UK MT-09 Owner's Manual.

KM-MI.jpg

Looking through the UK owner's manual, only °C is mentioned under the instrument cluster info.

From what I can see, the only spot they mention °F is when they refer to storing the battery.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Mine is in Fahrenheit and, as long as the fan comes on at 102 without fail, I couldnt care less. I know what the temps are in C so its interesting to see what it is in F

·
Registered
26 Posts
is anybody try this?

1. Turn on the main switch with the “RESET” and “SELECT” buttons held down.
“Co” appears in the left of the display area for the distance and time.

2. Press the “SELECT” button. The display changes to “dIAG “.

3. Press both the “RESET” and “SELECT” buttons at the same time.
“d01: xx” appears in the display area. (A certain number is displayed in “xx”.)

4. Pressing the “RESET” button 2 times displays “d62: xx”.
The “xx” in “d62: xx” indicates which thermometric scale to display, Celsius or
Fahrenheit.

“00” = No display
“01” = Celsius (°C)
“02” = Fahrenheit (°F)

To change the display, operate the engine switch “OFF” → “ON”. The thermometric
indication changes in order of “00”, “01”, “02”, and back to “00” and so on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts