Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last year i bought my mt-09 with the fluro yellow rims. I had a HELL of a time trying to keep them clean. I had to literally scrub the brake dust and grease to get them clean. I decided to try a DIY ceramic coating because....what did I have to lose? A year later they still come clean with soap and water. All I have to do now is wipe the rims with a cloth and they come totally clean.

So this is just advice for anybody struggling to keep your rims clean. Try a ceramic coating!!

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
So which actual product did you use and where did you buy it?
Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ceramic coating is amazing. I plan on powder coating my rims and already know ceramic coating is going to be a must for the color I want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used CarPro Quartz UK. it was slightly colder out when i did it and I think i remember the UK mentioned easier to apply? but don't remember completely. I bought it on Amazon. Theres a ton left, i might do my car rims.

It was a total PITA to apply. I took my sprocket and all brake rotors off. It has to be completely and absolutely clean. I ceramic coated the main rim, spokes, and hub. I used q-tips for all the hard to reach areas. There is also a refresher spray that I used once this year (at 1 year old). I just sprayed the hub and main rim and wiped off the refresher spray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts