Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you ride? what style of riding if more than your FZ09?
I ride Dual Sport and ADV rides from Virginia to Mass and west to Central PA.
I ride the odd Enduro in South Jersey and spend many weekends in the Pine Barons on the plated 350.
I don't ride too fast cause it takes too long to heal broken bones at 54.
The FZ09 is my first Street bike in almost 30 years, not counting a short spell with a 1200 Sportster back in 2001.

Reactions: mknj671

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ride the pines whenever time permits, started riding down that way back in the late 1980's with my older brother. Best part about the plated bikes is being legal and having access to so much land and state forest area. Always throw my bike in the truck and meetup with other people for rides down there, the KTM is a terrible street bike when the miles start adding up.

Prefer single and two track over dual sport technically but since we are really not allowed to access those trails in NJ I stay off of them ;)

Coming back from two wrist injuries myself over the last few years, sucks getting older for sure!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm up in north central NJ, but i'll venture just about anywhere to ride a good road.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I live in hightstown, i ride all over.. Usually 2 hour one way radius since filling up on gas gets a little old ;)
I like shooting down 571 to princeton then back south on 206 and then south n 130 then 295 back north to home... Thats probably one of my favorite "let me get a ride in before i have this to do" runs... Ill dip around random side highways and explore too... Im from philadelphia and still learning areas up here.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm in north east nj. I like riding up through Ringwood, into Harriman/Bear Mountian area. High Point is a nice run also

Reactions: 10JGCSRT8

·
Registered
43 Posts
from north jersey but ride down to my house on LBI and in the pine barrens...i like north west jersey alot

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
from north jersey but ride down to my house on LBI and in the pine barrens...i like north west jersey alot
Where about in Nw nj - i grew up in Budd Lake.

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
43 Posts
nowhere specific really. I usually cruise up 23, 46 or 80 and pick a random road lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm in north east nj. I like riding up through Ringwood, into Harriman/Bear Mountian area. High Point is a nice run also
Beep next time you drive through !

·
Registered
81 Posts
I live in the pines bout 15 minutes from rt 70 & 72. Browns mills nj grew up riding dirt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts