Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cee bayleys seat . Firm memory foam , that melts, conforms to your butt as you sit on it .carbon fiber material . Rear lip to keep you on during wheelies . Pics are poor better when i can get the bike out side in a few weeks
rear is 3 time thicker than stock and 2 in wider . But there custom made for your needs
OH SCOOP PAINTED ORANGE
note my tiny tail bag he he . fills the gap nicety

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You'll definitely have to let us know what she thinks of the passenger seat, that might make this worth doing for me. Thanks, it looks good.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll definitely have to let us know what she thinks of the passenger seat, that might make this worth doing for me. Thanks, it looks good.
SHE JUST SAT ON IT , THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD .but the pegs were to hi . but that's fixed
it think all will be good . it a odd feeling when you sit on it . as it warms up you just fit in so nice

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That looks really nice!, much better than the tractor seat on your last ride. But woah! $450...I guess you pay for quality

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks really nice!, much better than the tractor seat on your last ride. But woah! $450...I guess you pay for quality
A russel seat would have been the same price , but well ugly this one looks factory

·
Registered
473 Posts
Look like they really built up the front? The problem is the area just in behind the tank is narrow. It seems all these seats are somewhat limited by the width of the plastic seat pan. I've spent 225 for a Yamaha comfort seat and 159 for seat Concepts plus additional money for softer foam. Every 2 hour ride takes me two days to recover. Next ride I'll just strap a rocking chair cushion to my ass. LOL

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I plan on 500 mile days , a 3 day trip around lk superior , 1200 miles that's why I spend bucks for a seat . Its rather unique on how it conforms when you sit on it . Like sitting on cold butter , as it warm it takes shape

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well I plan on 500 mile days , a 3 day trip around lk superior , 1200 miles that's why I spend bucks for a seat . Its rather unique on how it conforms when you sit on it . Like sitting on cold butter , as it warm it takes shape
I just picked up my oh-nine on Saturday and so far I can ride 45-60 minutes in relative comfort and then after that I start to shift my butt in the seat a lot. I know from cycling that's always the case in the first part of each riding season and then your ass builds up calluses and the discomfort goes away. I'm gonna tough it out for a little while longer before I give up on the stock seat, but if it always hurts then an aftermarket seat will be a must..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, the standard Russell is butt ugly. But then if you look at mine with the diamond pattern, it looks better than yours. IMO. Look at this: Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products. I now have 1300 miles on the niner and 300 mile days are doable, but when I'm going to do 200 plus miles, I wear leather pants. Leather will support the butt better and you get less pain. If I'm doing more then those miles, I take the FJR.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cant report on the seat yet , as stin in recovery from him surgery , and well working to much gonna take it easy this weekend

·
Registered
149 Posts
so?????
whats the verdict or are you still healing up???

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well my butt is still a wee bit sore , but the wife rode 2 up for first ride of the season, first ride on the bike , today 200 miles
Not bad , I will rig up some touring pegs , so I can stretch out, so 500 mile days , here I come , dont think wife will do 500s on this bike , 300 sure. .
its a good seat , a russel its not.
Glad the stock is gone .
oh that 200 mile day is a partial day .its still winter here .so to say on that note all is good

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A second note on this, not a seat issue, but the wife said something is off .well rear shock is done , but front is in libo for now . So the whole bike is diveing to the front , many clunkers from the front today , as we both are diving forward, should make a big diff gettingbthe bike level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts