Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the slapping sound comes to me now. Had dealer adjust it for me once and the sound comes back in ten mins. Now I'm waiting for the 03 part, hope it won't be too long. I've read every single page in the huge 65 pages thread and watched the two videos on YouTube.

I warmed up engine to approximately 180 degree. Have clutch lever pulled. When I loosen the bolt enough to hear the sound at idle, it adjusted itself quickly till the sound disappeared. Then the movement becomes very slow or even stopped. Then I put one finger there to give just a little bit of force, like holding it. The hex key jumps once a little bit when every time I could feel the slack, for about 1/8 turn. When it stopped self adjust it's about another 1/8 turn till I barely feel the slack. I just stopped there just because I'm so afraid of over tighten it, and it feels already tight from turning.
Here is my question. The sound at 3k to 4k is almost gone, but I can still tell somewhat, if a little. Should I give another little tightening or I did the adjustment error?
Edit: just tightened another 1/8 turn, now the sound appears at ~6k, WTF?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I an interested in basically the same thing.

Does any one know if the cct is to tight will it increase the engine noise; no loud ticking at 4K but another sound , not really a ticking chain noise but a vibrating type of noise at 5-6K?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts