Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished up wrapping my forks in a vinyl carbon fiber wrap made by 3M. Just wanted to share the results and get some opinions, I cant decide if I like it or if it just looks cheap. I may swap over to a plain black wrap without the carbon fiber pattern. I ended up leaving the ends uncovered because where the diameter changes the vinyl would wrinkle but I dont think I mind the ends unwrapped, It reminded me of a CF driveshaft where the whole shaft is carbon but the coupling ends are metal.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i like it - particularly that you made a little gold show at the bottom - i think that looks great - and creative.

Nice work.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
It's not my cup of tea, but that's what makes the world go around....different likes for different folks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i prefer just straight black forks but hey whatever floats your boat! i've seen some cool colors on forks before, the cf looks neat too!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd go plain black and probably a professional wrapper could have it done completely :)
Im considering that, Im sure a pro with a heat gun could get everything covered. Im probably pulling it all off soon so I can raise my forks in the tree anyway. I think I found a sign shop that might be able to do it for me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had no problem installing 3M carbon fiber vinyl on my forks with no wrinkles on my first attempt of vinyl wrap. :color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had no problem installing 3M carbon fiber vinyl on my forks with no wrinkles on my first attempt of vinyl wrap. :color: :cool: :color:
I guess I just suck with vinyl hahaha I think if I did it over again I could do alot better job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just finished up wrapping my forks in a vinyl carbon fiber wrap made by 3M. Just wanted to share the results and get some opinions, I cant decide if I like it or if it just looks cheap. I may swap over to a plain black wrap without the carbon fiber pattern. I ended up leaving the ends uncovered because where the diameter changes the vinyl would wrinkle but I dont think I mind the ends unwrapped, It reminded me of a CF driveshaft where the whole shaft is carbon but the coupling ends are metal.

I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps | Vehicle & Car Wraps | Signs & Banners. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts