Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that someone can post a picture of the seat concepts carbon fiber with red stiching.I have searched and cant seem to find any good pics,Thanks!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I will post pictures tomorrow. As far as how easy to install, I have done so many on dirt bikes that I have it down. My pneumatic gun does not accept staples short enough so I use an electric gun. Also, I use a chisel to push down any high ones. It is slow meticulous work. For some it could be overwhelming.

First, I align the lower front sides, put two staples in either side.
Second, I align the front center and put four staples in.
Third, I pull and align the back and put two staples in either side.

This is the basis that I work with securing the front down the extensions first, then I secure the passenger sides, followed by the back. Many times I end up pulling my original setup staples as I work around and stretch. The last thing I do are the sides where my inner thighs fit. This takes a bit of stretching and often requires a couple of attempts.

The key to getting a tight fit is making sure that the cover is warm and pliable. A heat gun or a hair dryer are a big help. I have done about 2/3 of it tonight, but I will set it in the sun tomorrow to finish the sides. The sun heats the entire cover whereas a heat gun is sketchy and only does sections.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I forgot to mention that I am replacing the gripper cover that I put on from Seat Concepts back in the fall. I move around on the seat in corners, and the gripper worked too well for my style.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Much better than stock, but I rode to Texas and back and it is not all day comfort. Just got back from a ride and I can now move around easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the combination of the new seat cover with the red stitching and extra texture material with the matching cowl is awesome in your pic....it looks like a different bike and a much sexxier pkg if there is such a thing...nice job!:angel11:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
You pull the stock foam pad off of the seat base, spray with adhesive, align the new complete foam, press, and wait a few minutes for the glue to dry. Some people omit the adhesive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You pull the stock foam pad off of the seat base, spray with adhesive, align the new complete foam, press, and wait a few minutes for the glue to dry. Some people omit the adhesive.
Interesting.
If overseas shipping wasn't so expensive, I'd seriously consider this. I guess I'll have to wait for a friend to visit the US...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting.
If overseas shipping wasn't so expensive, I'd seriously consider this. I guess I'll have to wait for a friend to visit the US...
Hi ralz,
Also interesting the same seat, don't mind to share shipping costs that are the same for one or two units.
Original seat killing me for the long distance ride..

Sent from my Galaxy note3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts