Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good source for carbon fiber front & rear fenders and side covers?!:confused:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
tempting,

from the tech 3 yamaha supplier?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Where the f can you buy those fenders?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I reaaalllly want those fenders, but there's no pricing info on their website. If anyone calls to find out pricing, please post it here for us...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The front fender looks great. I'd be afraid to ask about pricing. I have to assume I'd find it very depressing. :BangHead:

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well, the LighTech carbon front fender for the R1 is $319.95, so I would imagine the FZ-09 fender is around that.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Well, the LighTech carbon front fender for the R1 is $319.95, so I would imagine the FZ-09 fender is around that.
Thanks for the info. I would have thought it was more. That # walks a fine line of being out of reach for what it is....very close +/-, IMO.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
The front fender looks great. I'd be afraid to ask about pricing. I have to assume I'd find it very depressing. :BangHead:
Sorry my friend, the only color choice is Graphite, although Carbon would look sexy on your bike.
C'mon....do it. A little Graphite is good for ya...:eagerness:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If you watch the video on their website that shows their production techniques, this is high quality stuff using pre preg CF. For sure not cheap, but soooo sexy...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hopefully Magial Racing/Motojp will get into the FZ09 market with their carbon parts. My R1 has every carbon part they offer on it. If you've never seen their stuff in person you seriously need to. Hands down the best carbon fiber out there.

Reactions: carbonr1

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been staying in touch with OPP and was told end of October originally and yesterday was told there is a small delay, end of November. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is a little old from when I am reading it now, but check out motocomposites.com. They have a good assortment of the FZ's parts in carbon fiber. They have two options, 100% carbon fiber (only way you can get colored carbon fiber), and a less expensive version that is carbon fiber laid on fiberglass. You are able to choose between plain weave and twill weave, along with the choice of a glossy finish or a matte finish. They have almost every part for the FZ that can be carbon fibered. Rear hugger, rear fairings, side fenders, the little clutch cover protector, air scoops, and front fender. I just received my front fender from them today. Glossy twill weave carbon over fiberglass. Looks great. Very impressed with the product. Paid $199.98 USD shipped to my house (189.99 plus 9.99 shipping). The 100% carbon version I believe came out to $259.99 + shipping if I am correct. Not a huge difference in price. And reasonably priced if I may add. The stock fender costs $149.99 (I know because my bike is being repaired and that was on the list). Why not spend at least the extra 50 bucks for a much better looking fender? I did...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts