Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Carbon Fiber Vinyl for the first time and the front fender was a learning experience which must be redone. I needed to use 3M Primer 94 on the fender given it's complex curves. Total cost was $21. I added COB LED Daytime Running Lights and they are very bright. They were $19.33 on Amazon. Beware: some COB LED's have a very short life; therefore, it's best not to buy the less expensive ones.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive lighting Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
314 Posts
Question: how did you change those little lights on the inside of the headlight?
just did it today for the first time. just take the 4 bolts off the top of the headlight assembly, and the 2 on the right and left of the assembly. Pull the turns out a bit and you can get to the lights fairly easily. took me 5 minutes including finding the right Allen key.

Motor vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Light

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
O really? I had the assembly off and i didnt see that at all. Thanks ill check again. The lights looks so much better like that. Im not a big fan of carbon fiber but the forks look better darker. O and one more for you, what size are those bulbs?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used Carbon Fiber Vinyl for the first time and the front fender was a learning experience which must be redone. I needed to use 3M Primer 94 on the fender given it's complex curves. Total cost was $21. I added COB LED Daytime Running Lights and they are very bright. They were $19.33 on Amazon. Beware: some COB LED's have a very short life; therefore, it's best not to buy the less expensive ones.

View attachment 6529 View attachment 6530 View attachment 6531 View attachment 6532
Did you remove the front wheel or headlight (or anything) to wrap your forks? I really want to do this to mine but I'm wondering which is more work... removing wheel and headlight so that the wrapping is easier, or removing nothing and saving effort there but having to wrap with everything in the way.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts