Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how many of you use Motomummy.com, but they have the carbon Akropovic for under 800USD shipped internationally.

I emailed them just to check that they actually have them in stock and the reply was

"Yes, there are a few left in stock at this time."

From what I keep hearing, it hasnt been released yet, right? Or does someone on here have one. Has someone ordered one from the site and been waiting for months?

I am soooo close to getting it, since any other full system shipped to Perth, Australia is absolute minimum 730AUD (~700USD, and thats a really cheap tacky looking pipe)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Motomummy uses flat rate international shipping...........snail mail. Just be aware that it will take quite some time to arrive to Australia.

If you dont mind waiting, that is a damn good price for that Akra.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im not sure if motomummy honours the flat rate shipping for exhausts - you might want to double check. They have a weight limit they go by....

Motomummy usually takes a couple of weeks for me - not sure how theyll post the pipe though, Id say itd be a courier rather than USPS which they normally use.

You can get the Racing Line akra pretty cheap - a few US retailers sell them for under $800 so Id try them all to see what you get shipping wise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I dont know how many of you use Motomummy.com, but they have the carbon Akropovic for under 800USD shipped internationally.

I emailed them just to check that they actually have them in stock and the reply was

"Yes, there are a few left in stock at this time."

From what I keep hearing, it hasnt been released yet, right? Or does someone on here have one. Has someone ordered one from the site and been waiting for months?

I am soooo close to getting it, since any other full system shipped to Perth, Australia is absolute minimum 730AUD (~700USD, and thats a really cheap tacky looking pipe)
Did you end up ordering this?

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
na i gave them another email and they said they can get them from akra within 2 weeks. im guessing thats their way of saying they have no idea when they'll actually be available.

also, i realised the ground clearance on the carbon akra is really low.

i have no idea what exhaust to get.

·
Registered
201 Posts
na i gave them another email and they said they can get them from akra within 2 weeks. im guessing thats their way of saying they have no idea when they'll actually be available.

stock with the stoltec flash and map is perfect

·
Registered
96 Posts

That sucks - probably not unexpected though given how Akra has gone with supply of their main pipe.

I ended up tossing between the Arrow and TB as the dealer had them in stock (I like the TB anyway and was probably going to go them over the original Akra anyway) - Akra made the decision for me :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did you get the Carbon or normal Akra?
I asked for the laser engraved, apparently it's unavailable, so I ended up with the stickered version.

Still extremely happy.

I'll have to order a cat so I can play around with removing the baffle. As can be seen online, with a straight through it tends to shoot flames, whilst that'd be cool to see, I can look it up on you tube. I'm not interested in the extra attention it would create ;)

I managed to get some swissvax on & off the system & mounted it tonight.

Very, very easy install, now to wait for the PCV. I'm going to leave the ECU flash as it is & see how well it can be tuned from here.

·
Registered
221 Posts
pics or it didnt happen!

Im subscribed

·
Registered
418 Posts
I asked for the laser engraved, apparently it's unavailable, so I ended up with the stickered version.

Still extremely happy.

I'll have to order a cat so I can play around with removing the baffle. As can be seen online, with a straight through it tends to shoot flames, whilst that'd be cool to see, I can look it up on you tube. I'm not interested in the extra attention it would create ;)
It only shoots flames when you have the AIS still functional. With block off plates it won't do that anymore. It may throw the occasional flame as all 3/4 and full exhausts do when you delete the cat. But not like what you have seen on YouTube from just revving the engine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It only shoots flames when you have the AIS still functional. With block off plates it won't do that anymore. It may throw the occasional flame as all 3/4 and full exhausts do when you delete the cat. But not like what you have seen on YouTube from just revving the engine.
Do you have a link for removing the AIS?

I don't know what that is...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts