Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear about the Best Area to Ride near you. Maybe we can live vicariously through you....

And while your at it, Do you have Any suggestions for those of us in an area with No canyons, curves, or hills, like sunny south florida........:cool:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ahhhh...now we're talking. I'm fortunate to have moved here for economic reasons in the early 90's...and had no idea that The North Georgia Mountains have some awesome twisty roads. I have to ride or trailer 90 miles North to get there....but I have North Ga...East Tennessee...The Gap...The Cherahola Parkway, and once in a while The Blue Ridge Parkway....and others. There are some serious fast guys that live around here that ride real well. I raced AFM in California back in the 60's..and some of these "take no prisoners" rides here are faster than when I raced on the track. Yes...I know....highly irresponsible...blah blah....but it doesn't get any better than this if you love the twisty roads. I should be too old for this nonsense....but once in a while,...I strive for the red mist to return. Be safe...

Reactions: marthy and Steve101

·
Registered
218 Posts
I live about 30 minutes south of Houston. There is nothing but straight roads where I live. It blows. Any time I want to hit some twisties I have to travel about 100 miles north west and hit some back roads. The turns aren't the best, but the pavement is fresh, you can take them relatively fast, and it's better than going in a straight line.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
190 Posts
These are not my photo's but some rides within 1-4 hours from where I live.

Merritt

Sea to Sky highway, fresh pavement and great scenery but lots of traffic and you have to watch your speed because of all the enforcement.

Kamloops to Kelowna

South of Border, Mount Baker

For shits and giggles, where I used to live.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Check my running the twisties home from Idaho City thread. It is one of many great roads here in Idaho to run. I turned down a great paying job in Austin Texas just because I would hate riding there.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I had no idea they imported bimota stateside...your collection is something else, Dolan.

....and I live where the "76" is, in the lower left corner. :devilish:

Other Location:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 9.04.41 AM.jpg

My backyard is the New York - New Jersey highlands. Low mountains compared to other parts of the country , but still lots of fun to be had. Routes like this https://goo.gl/maps/uNuxy take you up and over ridges, through forests, and along the hudson river. Get out early !

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Circled on ramps to the highway lmao.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I had no idea they imported bimota stateside...your collection is something else, Dolan.
agreed, that Bimota Tesi is so cool! how does it ride Dolan?
also, you post about about Palomar all the time, is that pretty much your favorite road?
looks awesome

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
South Florida is like a flat Tick-Tac-Toe Board -- A Grid. Sucks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I live in and around the Phoenix AZ area and locally there isn't much (except south mountain), but you go 45 minutes outside of town around Globe, Superior, Payson and the Tonto National Preserve and the roads are pristine. There's a popular magazine called Arizona Highways, and when I first started riding I bought that book and have started checking roads off my list. There is one called The Devils Highway and I have yet to sample it, but I hear it's phenomenal.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We don't have those in Florida.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts