Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2015 fz09 and the previous owner said there was a two brothers full system exhaust installed but I couldnt find a brand on the exhaust and I cant seem to find it anywhere online

Theres a number on the metal bracket holding it- SGI 10086 9

Plan on flashing my ecu so I want to find which exhaust this is and any insight would help a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's seems more and more likely at this point so I pulled the can off and took closer pics, it has a stamp on it that says
SGI e13 100869

It's made to look like the two brothers S1R exhaust though

edit: so to update I just found the exact product on "wish" for 100$ probably where the aftermarket headers came from also looks like I'll be looking into a different exhaust soon enough

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah that nut on the inner lip screams cheap to me, but I'm no exhaust expert so maybe it's typical.

Hopefully you can rip this guy a new ******* one way or another for lying to your face. Was there anything else that he told you he did before you bought? CCT upgrade, valves, etc? I'd be taking it all with a grain of salt at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CCT?
Theres Led headlight and front turn signals, fender elim and integrated taillight, all of which seem to work
Theres also a gpr steering dampener which also works when dialed up, but that's at a stand still I havent had a chance to ride here since it's the middle of winter
I got a good price for the bike so I'm not to picky about the exhaust issue I can always add the akropovic ti in a few months

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good deal! and CCT = cam chain tensioner. Early revisions fail regularly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it for a quick spin to make sure everything was working, nothing seems out of the ordinary except the massive amount of power (upgraded from a Ninja 300)
although when in neutral and clutch released theres like a rough idling vibration kid of feeling to the bike

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I just bought a 2015 fz09 and the previous owner said there was a two brothers full system exhaust installed but I couldnt find a brand on the exhaust and I cant seem to find it anywhere online

Theres a number on the metal bracket holding it- SGI 10086 9

Plan on flashing my ecu so I want to find which exhaust this is and any insight would help a lot
It’s Chiner one. I have similar one. They are about $50. Plus welding a pipe to it. Beats $450 slip on!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took it for a quick spin to make sure everything was working, nothing seems out of the ordinary except the massive amount of power (upgraded from a Ninja 300)
although when in neutral and clutch released theres like a rough idling vibration kid of feeling to the bike
Single cylinders do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good deal! and CCT = cam chain tensioner. Early revisions fail regularly.
Shouldn’t need one. I have never installed these. Just minor adjustments once every three weeks and clean and wax lube weekly. Tensioners are gimmicks. Dump it. Buy a new chain and THEN TAKE CARE OF IT. The owner’s manual shares this info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts