Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is crazy. I've called every dealer within 200 miles. Nada. Can't even make a deposit on an FZ-09 with a delivery before May. Most dealers don't even want to talk to you. I'm sure they are just as frustrated. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to let loose of $9,000 and can't. Just going to have to be patient. By July the dealers will be begging for customers, after production is ramped up and the waiting list has gone away. Argh!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah, where are you located ?

I've bought 2 in the last 2 months and know that dealer has more.

They even have some orange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in northern California. San Francisco area. Specifically Sonoma. I've talked to dealers in Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Vallejo, Berkeley and Sacramento.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought mine from Wilson's in Fresno, and they delivered it to Saratoga for $200. It would have been a 5+ hour trip with trailer for me. They had it on Craigslist from 11/24 and I called on 12/6 assuming that it would be gone- but it was there, and no one had put a deposit down on it so I bought it and they delivered it the next day. Suggest you give them a shout as I was having the same luck with the Bay Area dealers. Also give Steve a call at the Gilroy dealer. He likely won't have one, but he was kind enough to check the system and let me know where they were showing the only 6 in CA (at the time). Very nice, helpful guy- I wish he could have gotten one as I would have preferred to buy from him. Caveat is that the system isn't 100% accurate, but he did go the extra mile while none of the others did. It was basically $10K with tax, license, dealer prep, freight, and the delivery charge. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lots of bay area riders here...I'm sure they can help you out.

Glad to hear you are dying to get this bike...its your dream come true.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Expand your search to someplace you'd like to ride back from. Fly to Seattle or Salt Lake and break it in riding home...
kind of hard to do the 1st oil change at 100 mi that way

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
is that really all that's needed for the break in period? Dealer told me between 500 and 700 miles? (Sorry to thread jack)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stuarth - Thanks for the link. Called and they actually have two (just got a Liquid Graphite). Unfortunately, the price is not right for me. I know these bikes are in high demand, but I'm not willing to pay crazy prep fees. Sacramento wants $795 shipping and $495 prep (to open the crate, which I don't even want them to do). Out the door price is $10,200+. I'm sure they will negotiate down a little to something in the high $9k, but I won't deal with them for even saying $10,200+. Will just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A bit high, but the bike is in high demand. I paid $10,097 OTD for mine with $1,077 of that being prep and freight. That's within $200 or so from every other dealer that I called, and I'm not that patient so I was fine paying the price vs. waiting. You're more patient than me for sure! Stick to your guns. 3-4 months and the prices may moderate.

Santa Rosa dealer has had one advertised for weeks. Their website also shows a liquid graphite available.

santarosapowersports.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
You could buy one at my dealership here in western South Dakota (has all three colors in stock) for considerably less than west coast prices and pay $500-$600 shipping and still ring in below $9000! Just sayin'....

·
Banned
161 Posts
The longer dealers go without carrying red fz09's, the more curious I become about waiting for next year's model.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts