Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I'm in the Kingston Ontario area and recently got my deposit down on a graphite FZ. I've been next to obsessed with this bike since I discovered it's existence a month or so ago. I've had several new bikes, including two SV650s (S and N) but always wanted a triple. Have come close to buying a street triple in the past but the cost difference really clinched it with this bike. A warning to anyone in the southeastern ontario area, be sure to shop around. I've talked to a half dozen dealerships and the difference in price is staggering. I got one for msrp (8999 in canada) plus tax. No freight, no set up, no BS. But I have seen them priced at just over 12K at one dealership! Mine is the third graphite model at the dealership with a deposit sitting on it. All I have to do now is count the snow flakes for the next three months lol.

·
Registered
657 Posts
congrats!!
Another Ontarian with a graphite waiting to be picked up!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome 9Ball!

I had the same pricing shock in SW Ontario. I checked "all" shops from London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Hamilton, and the GTA. OTD prices ranged by about $2000 too. Quite shocking... I ended up buying mine from one of the smallest shops, for the cheapest price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave. I ended up doing the same. A little shop north of Trenton was $500 cheaper then the next so they got my deposit. I cannot wait to try this machine out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't wait either! I'm pulling the front end apart tonight and sending the right fork down to StoltecMoto. I'm not even going to bother riding it stock!
Really? I've sat on a few and they are quite soft but the roads in my area are pretty rough. I think I'll wait and break it in first. Definitely looking into seat and fly screen options though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The SV is a great bike, especially the N version. I had mine for several years and loved it. I still have one of the Korean cruisers with the SV engine. It's by far the most agile cruiser I've ever ridden and I'll likely keep it for more relaxed rides. But, "I feel the need, the need for speed!". You folks over 30 may get that lol

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Really? I've sat on a few and they are quite soft but the roads in my area are pretty rough. I think I'll wait and break it in first. Definitely looking into seat and fly screen options though.
Yes, really. Properly set up suspension should be both firm and plush. Too soft and the suspension will be in the wrong part of the damping curve.

I'm going to my local shop tonight to see if they can order me one of the new Puig screens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey doozer/9ball. I agree. I shopped all around the region as well and found quite the range in pricing. Actually had one guy tell me that with the current Msrp they make nothing on the bike and how would he get paid. That one was 10980 with tx and setup etc. he wouldn't budge. I finally found a small shop in the area 8799 + tx that's it. They went the xtra mile to get me the stealthy orange I wanted, he had 1 red and 1graphite in stock. Stoked, can't wait for this snow to disappear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good work with the BS meter DM! You got a great deal. Is the shop storing it for you until the longest winter ever is over? Or are you bringing it home?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks. Yeah he had no problem keeping it there. He just wanted some advanced notice to uncrate/setup etc. whenever I was ready. Mind u it would be nice to stare at it in the garage as well. Prob just wait for spring. By the looks of this it's going to take me that long to shovel out anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, yes I'm in a very similar situation. Id love to have the new beast home but cooler heads prevailed. Im hoping for the first of April. Hopefully we'll get an early spring. We sure as hell deserve it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts