Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's not me.. Hope that dude was wearing kevlar jeans.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Not me either. Where did you hear about it?

Edit, never mind. The image was blocked by corporate IT. I just checked on my phone and I see the picture. Nasty. :( Luckily it looks low speed based on the rider ahead.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
He is not even halfway through the turn yet low-sided. Very bizarre. The dragon has claimed another. Until I joined this forum, I never knew that many people crashed their bikes.

I don't think that I would be buying that picture from Killboy.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
You wouldn't have to.......Killboy gives you your crash picture free!

Reactions: Thantos and DNFDOUG

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks like he was practicing his high speed side like the Shirobai do during their final exam. The difference being they have to upright the bike after going down.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Almost had another Canadian down tonight.. On my normal commute home from work there's a bit of a hill that flattens out at the intersection with another street and as my front wheel crests over the hill to flat boundary I always like to give a little wrist twist in 2nd gear and bring up the front wheel a few inches. However tonight I was commuting home on the same street in the rain and I stupidly left the bike in A mode and tried my little wheelie maneuver as I crossed the intersection and instead of the front wheel coming up the rear lost traction big time. My wife was following me in her car and we were chatting by Bluetooth as it happened and exclaimed "whoa! What the F". My bike fishtailed side to side for a second and then I regained control and immediately put it in B mode.

I just got my new Akrapovič carbon exhaust installed yesterday and I would have been real piss off to toast it the very next day in a moment of stupidity. I'm so used to dry weather lately and always riding in A mode that it didn't even occur to me that traction might be lower in the rain. Not to mention the bike is much more jumpy now with the new exhaust, the new torque curve is down right scary even in the dry. Very big lesson learned :eek: I feel completely humbled by the experience.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Northern riders this time of year need to be careful with the stock tires. Either we park it or get a better set of tires for the colder/damp weather. I will be switching back to my Husky in December for the Winter months. Narrower tires with deep grooves for better cold weather traction.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Northern riders this time of year need to be careful with the stock tires. Either we park it or get a better set of tires for the colder/damp weather..
I did the opposite. The stock S20 rear was done so I threw on a used R10 race tire. LOL... I don't care to ride below 15 degrees anyway, and rarely in the wet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do hope those jeans are Kevlar lined at least, does anyone know of a link to leather jeans that are not black other than
kushitani's which are very great but very expensive.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts