Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Canadian '14 Yamaha FZ-09 Buyers MSRP Hiked Up by $1000 Clams

13K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  beergoggles 
#1 ·

Yet another reason America is better than Canadia! It looks like our brethren to the North will have wallets about $1000 lite once they swing their legs over the newest powerhouse from the Tuning Fork Company. According to the Canadian Yamaha website, the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 is listed at $8,999.00 with a giant asterisk next to it leading you to the fine print at the bottom that states, "* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing."

I guess it pays to spell things correctly and to not have the "Eh" as punctuation for your spoken thoughts. I always thought it did, but now I am able to put an actual dollar amount on it. That dollar amount is $1000! With that $1000, I am going to put an exhaust and a tuner on my new FZ-09, and I dont feel bad about it because when I zip on down to downtown Toronto and spank anyone riding the same bike, I have the exact same number of dollars into my bike as they do... #winning.

NJ

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
LOL, exactly.
I'm surprised by the anti-Canada sentiment in the initial post of this thread.
The whole "America is the best and Canada can go screw itself for no good reason other than America is #1 and that's the way it is" attitude is stupid and immature.
America is NOT the best, in anything anymore really, so try being humble once in a while NJ.
Not bashing America here, just one ignorant American.

Cheers!

#14 ·
You think this expensive you should see how Quebec in particular screws bikers on the cost of motorcycles.... used harley's for example sell for more than if you were to buy the same bike new in the states. (i.e. 883 or 1200 sportster forty-eight). That being said, I have seen the FZ 09 for as low as 7 grand out the door in the USA (via fleabay) which makes it worth a Canuck's time and effort to go down and pick one up there even with import and taxes added.

#15 ·
Doubt that $7k is a new FZ-09......sounds like BS, no offense.

#22 ·
Whereabouts? Quebec is sticking to the MRSP of 9 grand.... well, at least the two dealers I checked out. I'm hoping autumn will force them to knock their prices even lower.... I'd happily even take a demo.

#29 ·
Fugly indicators? yes. but those white rims? Maan, me no like, lol

#31 ·
They're not going to make everybody happy.

Some like them and some don't.

I'll end up keeping 1 FZ 09 with the black BST carbon fiber wheels.

The white Marvics could end up on the FZ 07 that I just got today, if I don't use another pair of wheels.

The wheels are from other bikes I've had in the past, with the Marvics being 13 years old .

Have already been taking some quick measurements, with more detail coming tomorrow.

#35 ·
Unfortunately where the jobs are good, things cost a little more, it's just the way it is, but at least we don't pay extra PST in Alberta.(they just hide it else where, lol). And if you work in the oil patch with a $100,000.00+ salary, a few hundred dollars more isn't going to bother me one bit. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.