Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's looks like it is only gasket sealant, it should harden once it is exposed to air and heat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I concur. No worries.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Use a soft toothbrush or rag to remove it without messing up the cases. Don't grab it and pull - just rub against it. It isn't gas soluble, so don't try any cleaners on it. That's the oil pump cover, and there's oil behind it (not that goop). The gaskets come with that sealant already on it in places - and a little squeezes out of the seal to the outside and the inside. A good bike setup/prep would have removed that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use a soft toothbrush or rag to remove it without messing up the cases. Don't grab it and pull - just rub against it. It isn't gas soluble, so don't try any cleaners on it. That's the oil pump cover, and there's oil behind it (not that goop). The gaskets come with that sealant already on it in places - and a little squeezes out of the seal to the outside and the inside. A good bike setup/prep would have removed that.
Ah, got it!

Thanks for all of the quick replies, everyone.

As well reviewed as my dealership is, they have done nothing but piss me off; save for the actual salesman, who was really cool.

What's the point of a warranty if everywhere that does Yamaha warranty work sucks? I even bought the extended warranty. Christ.

Oh well. My awesome local mechanic will just get more of my money if I need anything done. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts