Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this picture of what looks to be a different style of stock exhaust on our awesome bikes, minus the ballsack. Found via my weekly ebay search for new goodies.

Photoshopped? Or something that someone has seen before? Very curious. It looks as if the midpipe has been replaced with a straight through pipe that has some sort of pattern on it.......but even more curious is the colour of that midpipe is matching the exhaust outlet cover.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
But think of this, not that bad of an idea, and it looks good. Wonder if this would work...and perform?
I would be 100% interested. I love the look of the stock exhaust, just want some more sound out of it and to pretty it up a little. In fact, one of the biggest compliments I get about the bike, is the style and position of the stock exhaust. From HD riders, to SS riders and everything in between......everyone comments on how much they like the look of the stock exhaust. Yamaha has done well there I reckon.

Next mod on the list though is courtesy of Stellmon......getting rid of that double walled exhaust pipe for a bit more volume. Just gonna lift the entire wxhaust out, drop it off to a local exhaust shop and get them to cut and weld. should be relatively cheap.

But would love to give the 09 a bit of a neutering.......if ya know what I mean like. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would be 100% interested. I love the look of the stock exhaust, just want some more sound out of it and to pretty it up a little. In fact, one of the biggest compliments I get about the bike, is the style and position of the stock exhaust. From HD riders, to SS riders and everything in between......everyone comments on how much they like the look of the stock exhaust. Yamaha has done well there I reckon.

Next mod on the list though is courtesy of Stellmon......getting rid of that double walled exhaust pipe for a bit more volume. Just gonna lift the entire wxhaust out, drop it off to a local exhaust shop and get them to cut and weld. should be relatively cheap.

But would love to give the 09 a bit of a neutering.......if ya know what I mean like. ;)
If you don't care about having the tip welded back on, you can just cut it off with a sawzall. I just made sure to leave the 3 mounts for the cover intact, left the exhaust in place, removed the footpeg, and cut it off with the sawzall. It took about 15-20 mins total, with the same results that Stellmon got (sound wise), minus the tip being welded back on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^ Looks like they mostly deal in scooter stuff. However, I was able to find four MT/FZ items by searching for 'MT-09'. Open their site with Chrome and it will translate it for you. Two of the items that got my interest are the luggage rack and soft saddlebag braces made by Kappa. They don't have any pictures of the braces by themselves, but they do mention that they'll accommodate any soft bags, including Givi's Easylock bags.

Might be worth starting a new thread on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts