Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My knees just can take being on the floor any more I'd like to buy a lift any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Doug

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
I use this: Standard 1000 Air Lift - Buy Motorcycle & ATV Lifts Online | Handy Industries

You'll have the same restrictions with an air compressor, so first item on your list should be...an air compressor! I have the largest air compressor you can (easily) run on single phase power, so I'm not truly sure how little you need to be effective. Mine puts out a silly amount of airflow.

Expensive new, but worth the money. If you watch Craigslist, you'll find them pop up for roughly $400-$600...but, it'll last forever and is easily rebuildable (if needed).

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
I know a couple of fellows that have that lift and it works very well. Sometimes you will see it for
less than that on sale/with a coupon. I believe one of my friends got it for approx. $290. The Handy lift
posted is great piece of equipment, but pricey.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Here is a link to the one that I got a couple of years ago......I love it.

Motorcycle - ProCycle
Thanks for the link it looks nice but I don't have a air compressor big enough to run that lift.
I use this: Standard 1000 Air Lift - Buy Motorcycle & ATV Lifts Online | Handy Industries

You'll have the same restrictions with an air compressor, so first item on your list should be...an air compressor! I have the largest air compressor you can (easily) run on single phase power, so I'm not truly sure how little you need to be effective. Mine puts out a silly amount of airflow.

Expensive new, but worth the money. If you watch Craigslist, you'll find them pop up for roughly $400-$600...but, it'll last forever and is easily rebuildable (if needed).
My ProCycle lifts run on a Craftsman 1.5 HP, 15 gallon compressor. The air tank has enough capacity to raise the lift table once. Raising the lift table a second time starts the compressor, which is fine in my home garage. Unfortunate we're not geographically closer; I'm considering selling my second lift table.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thanks for the link it looks nice but I don't have a air compressor big enough to run that lift.
The PSI rating is a pretty common number for air tools etc. but you also have to consider the amount SCFM the compressor/tank is capable of providing. I honestly don't think the SCFM requirement for that lift would be very much....it would just take a little longer to raise it up if the requirement was a higher number.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The PSI rating is a pretty common number for air tools etc. but you also have to consider the amount SCFM the compressor/tank is capable of providing. I honestly don't think the SCFM requirement for that lift would be very much....it would just take a little longer to raise it up if the requirement was a higher number.
+ 1000

I was thinking the same thing.:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight 1000+ lift at the warehouse that I work at. Two of us have bikes - Mine FZ-09 and my colleague has an FZ-07. Love the lift and got it at a great price...I've included the Ad and the coupon code, which is all you need to get the deal. Text Font Publication Book Magazine Text Font Paper

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight 1000+ lift at the warehouse that I work at. Two of us have bikes - Mine FZ-09 and my colleague has an FZ-07. Love the lift and got it at a great price...I've included the Ad and the coupon code, which is all you need to get the deal. View attachment 11111 View attachment 11112
That looks like a great deal. Perfect for the occasional time you need to get her up on the table so to speak. But honestly, if I had her up on one of those in my garage, I'd be lost as what to do to her, for her, or with her.:(

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
A few years ago, I had to resort to buying an engine lift from Harbor Freight. It isn't something I like to admit to, but I did it. And it worked. For two uses. The cylinder blew the seals in short order and it's been sitting useless in the corner to be repaired. Just something to keep in mind...if the cylinder fails while the bike is lifted, you're SOL until you get a replacement cylinder.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight 1000+ lift at the warehouse that I work at. Two of us have bikes - Mine FZ-09 and my colleague has an FZ-07. Love the lift and got it at a great price...I've included the Ad and the coupon code, which is all you need to get the deal. View attachment 11111 View attachment 11112
I have one of these as well.

It is good but not as stable as a better lift.

It is 1000s of time better than no lift at all.

I have friends that store their HB lifts on the floor in the middle of their garage and park there car over it so it does not take up space in a crowded garage.

I've had mine for 6 years and no problems at all!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
One thing that I did with my lift was to NOT mount the vise that came with the lift. I have Pit Bull stands in the Garage (one front and one rear) that I put the bikes on before I raise them up with the lift. Very solid and secure like that.

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
One thing that I did with my lift was to NOT mount the vise that came with the lift. I have Pit Bull stand in the Garage (one front and one rear) that I put the bikes on before I raise them up with the lift. Very solid and secure like that.
I did the same thing. I have been meaning to make a quick disconnect mount for the vise, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts