Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm South of Houston off of 1-45 South/Galveston direction in a town named Friendswood.
Just got my FZ-09 over Spring break. Had a Yamaha 2013 blue FZ6R - traded up. Just had my first recall on the FZ09 fixed already. Changed the oil myself @ 600 miles... Put in a semi synthetic 10x40 (Lucas). Dealership recommend me to use 20x50 because of the heat and humidity here. So, I'll try that next time. Like to here from anyone that knows of some nice areas to ride around Houston area... I know Seabrook, Kemah, Baycliff, San Leon, Texas City and Galveston area pretty well. Getting bored with same routes... Like to try Lake Conroe or Livingston... Need new areas, or start learning how to do wheelies. lol

One thing about the Harley family is you get into a network of riders if you wish - group rides and such... If you have a radiator on your bike, your not welcome:(

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm South of Houston off of 1-45 South/Galveston direction in a town named Friendswood.
Just got my FZ-09 over Spring break. Had a Yamaha 2013 blue FZ6R - traded up. Just had my first recall on the FZ09 fixed already. Changed the oil myself @ 600 miles... Put in a semi synthetic 10x40 (Lucas). Dealership recommend me to use 20x50 because of the heat and humidity here. So, I'll try that next time. Like to here from anyone that knows of some nice areas to ride around Houston area... I know Seabrook, Kemah, Baycliff, San Leon, Texas City and Galveston area pretty well. Getting bored with same routes... Like to try Lake Conroe or Livingston... Need new areas, or start learning how to do wheelies. lol

One thing about the Harley family is you get into a network of riders if you wish - group rides and such... If you have a radiator on your bike, your not welcome:(
You wouldn't happen to go to UHCL would you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So did you guys ever get a ride together? I don't have a FZ09 yet - but seriously looking and seeing who's out here in Houston area to ride with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are you riding now?
The fz09 2016 model going to be offering a beautiful "blue" color - looks very nice!
Check out Yamaha home page.
I'm Healing from a hip replacement - should be able to ride in a couple more weeks... Lii

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey whats up, Im newish to the forum but native to Houston.

Id be interested in a ride here real soon. around Christmas if anyone wants to meet up. maybe hit up racer road in katy?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I live in La Porte. I've got the ONLY FZ-09 around. I'm an anomaly here. Youngsters on rice-rockets are all I ever see. Hit me up and the Old Man will go blow it out with y'all !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts