Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live just west of DC and would like to organize a meet up and ride. What kind of interest is there? Where would people like to go?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sounds very interesting. Although my schedule is punctuated with high school and college sports, I am hoping to attend some of the Civil War 150th anniversary battlefield commemorations. Gettysburg was fantastic back in July, Antietam before that, so rides to places like Chancellorsville (actually for the Battle of the Wilderness; didn't make it to Chancellorsville in 2013), Spotsylvania Court House and others are high on my list for the spring of 2014.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Almost two years ago, I bought one of my CRF150Fs in Orange, Virginia. Driving my truck home with the CRF loaded in back, I knew that riding these roads on a motorcycle would be a great experience. Unfortunately, I have never made the return visit but early May could be the time to fix that oversight.

Just a thought at this point, but a ride starting perhaps at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, then into Virginia through Leesburg, Aldie, Chantilly, Manassas, Bristoe Station, Brandy Station, Culpeper and Orange, then east towards Spotsylvania might be an adventure. Depending on each rider's interest in the 150th anniversary activities, he or she could stop or continue riding individually, or ride as part of a smaller group.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love that. Thats quite a ride too! love the roads out towards Harpers Ferry.

Almost two years ago, I bought one of my CRF150Fs in Orange, Virginia. Driving my truck home with the CRF loaded in back, I knew that riding these roads on a motorcycle would be a great experience. Unfortunately, I have never made the return visit but early May could be the time to fix that oversight.

Just a thought at this point, but a ride starting perhaps at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, then into Virginia through Leesburg, Aldie, Chantilly, Manassas, Bristoe Station, Brandy Station, Culpeper and Orange, then east towards Spotsylvania might be an adventure. Depending on each rider's interest in the 150th anniversary activities, he or she could stop or continue riding individually, or ride as part of a smaller group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts