Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going out to south mountain right now be there around 5:30 ill be there pretty late its really fun up there good fun little roads and views , its on baseline and central if you do not know where it is . hope to see someone out there haha !!! :cool:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dang it forks. I wonder if my friend in Gilbert would let me park a bike in the garage? I could stage one in Arizona for some desert rides. Oh wait...bad question. Guys will be coming out of the woodwork offering to "store" one for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just traded my 04' R6 for my New FZ-09. I'm in Tempe
Let me know next time your heading up to South Mountain.
That is one ride I've been wanting to do but haven't gotten around to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just did some looking around on Google Earth on South Mountain. Looks like there is quite a bit of dirt in many of the corners as well as cars crossing over the double yellow on their left hand corners. Who knows when the images were taken...spring after a rainstorm/holiday when idiots come out in droves?

Is it normally dirty up there? Weekday mornings a good time to hit it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it's been a while since the last post but the weather is cooling off in the valley and I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in a Phoenix ride (South Mountain, Bartlett or Tortilla Flats Etc.... or maybe a cave creek meet up? Let me know if your in the valley and interested. I'm free on the weekends.

FZ crew Assemble!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in north Phoenix...101 & 51st area
I am too. Just bought a new place on Cave Creek rd and the 101.
What is your favorit ride around the valley?

It would be great if we could get one or two more for a meet up and ride!
Next weekend is looking pretty good for the weather.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Brock...avoid Tortilla flats, washboarded the whole time. They are planning on replacing early next year
Looking to do Coronado trail first weekend of october

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
cool, Harsay is also in the area. met up with him several weeks ago and rode to the Pavilions. don't really have any favorite rides, still learning the area. was thinking of going tonight to the Pavilions.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I know it's been a while since the last post but the weather is cooling off in the valley and I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in a Phoenix ride (South Mountain, Bartlett or Tortilla Flats Etc.... or maybe a cave creek meet up? Let me know if your in the valley and interested. I'm free on the weekends.

FZ crew Assemble!!
down in tucson... ill try and stay updated and maybe shoot up to the area.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bartlett or Roosevelt wouldn't be bad

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm in for Bartlett... There was a ride out there on Sunday AM but found out too late to post here... Wish I had advanced notice... There's a get-together at the Groto in Cave Creek next Sunday at 7 am, usually a ride afterwards to Bartlett... I will be at the Reno Air Races though, so I'm out for a bit.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Man ...u guys are making me homesick...:mad:...lol
1st thing I'll do when i get back to AZ...will be a ride up to Yarnell/Prescott.. backway on 89A :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man ...u guys are making me homesick...:mad:...lol
1st thing I'll do when i get back to AZ...will be a ride up to Yarnell/Prescott.. backway on 89A :D
that one of my favorite rides, i am planning on going to the pavillions this sunday, after thrstrmech and i put my bars on my bike (never put bars on before)
if any one is up to go to the pavs just let me know

1 - 17 of 17 Posts