Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flew out to LA from Philly to hang out and relax a bit... I'm really digging the roads out here, the legality of splitting lanes, and the ammount of cafe cruisers/street fighters... My bike is home obviously but if i wasnt here with my gf i would go rent a sportster to whip around... Props to the cali riders for geographic awesomeness via riding.

Kaiser

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello Kaiser.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, and I know the canyon roads there well. IMO, Southern Cali is the best riding spot in the USA. Why? Year-round riding, varied roads, and the number of roads available. There are so many destinations, it's ridiculous. I know some will say the the Tail of the Dragon's or Deal's Gap is better. I can't dispute that as I have not ridden either; however, the shear number of roads and the weather makes Los Angeles a mecca for motorcycle riding. We can easily string together individual canyon rides to make any number of rides.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have never ever heard anyone in my life say they dig the roads from l.a. If I'm driving. Its driving as far away possible from l.a. County.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Kaiser, which roads have you seen?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LA outskirts, probably shoulda elaborated a little better... Just the south cali desert coastal roads ... Not inner city traffic 110 and 101 shit or anything, talking proximity

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'll clarify. Canyon roads. Those are just the roads in Malibu. There are numerous other riding areas like this in Southern California.
View attachment 7934
this reminds me a ski resort with multiple runs with different levels of difficulty. there are many great roads out there, but not many with so many options. there are roads for noobs and experienced riders. With my experience, best time to start is early morning around 8 am and finish by lunch time. Usually about noon is when all the bad drivers / riders and cops start to show up. If you want to ride all day, ride East of Kanan in the morning and then make your way west around noon.

Watch out for bicyclists, they are pretty good about sharing the road but you never know.

Thanks for the map.

Reactions: FZ09Jeff
1 - 9 of 9 Posts