Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a lot of people here who couldn't keep their mind off the newly announced Yamaha FZ-09. I've been constantly thinking of what i would do to make the bike my own. The FZ-09 is a good looking bike, but i'm not digging the 'motard' influence on the styling. So, here is my vision of how i like my FZ-09. 1st here is the original bike (red FZ09).

FZ09.jpg

And here is how i will customize it.
FZ09_cafe.jpg

What I did (with photoshop):
-lower the front end
-shortened the tail
-fender eliminator
-shorty low exit slip-on (Akrapovic S1000rr shorty in picture)
-clip-on handlebars

Would definitely love to see everyone's idea or how they will mod theirs. Cheers, ride safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like a lot of people here who couldn't keep their mind off the newly announced Yamaha FZ-09. I've been constantly thinking of what i would do to make the bike my own. The FZ-09 is a good looking bike, but i'm not digging the 'motard' influence on the styling. So, here is my vision of how i like my FZ-09. 1st here is the original bike (red FZ09).

View attachment 88

And here is how i will customize it.
View attachment 89

What I did (with photoshop):
-lower the front end
-shortened the tail
-fender eliminator
-shorty low exit slip-on (Akrapovic S1000rr shorty in picture)
-clip-on handlebars

Would definitely love to see everyone's idea or how they will mod theirs. Cheers, ride safe.
That looks awesome! Would you mind doing a bit more photoshop? Could you not drop the front, remove the passenger pegs and make it black? :cool:l

·
Registered
139 Posts
It has a good streetfighter look to it. Maybe with bars between the clip on's and stock heights, too. Great effort, thanks. tp dd50

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks awesome! Would you mind doing a bit more photoshop? Could you not drop the front, remove the passenger pegs and make it black? :cool:l
FZ09_cafe_black.jpg

There you go, black, no passenger pegs, stock front end height.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Any way you cut it, it looks like there will be a lot of fender eliminations happening to this guy within the first few months!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hopefully the after market can make an slip on that fits more like the stock muffler than the one chopped in there. I like the way they look with the fender eliminated. I am ready for this to come out so I can oogle it at the dealership before I buy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Hopefully the after market can make an slip on that fits more like the stock muffler than the one chopped in there. I like the way they look with the fender eliminated. I am ready for this to come out so I can oogle it at the dealership before I buy.
Just don't wait too long and "oogle" it too much, someone will buy it out from under you! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Now hear me out... What about dropping the front fender completely?!? Not for the rainy day rides, but I think it just looks kinda tough with the naked front tire out there...

·
Registered
699 Posts
You sir, are a photoshop ninja! Now can I get one of me, on stage with the Rolling Stones?
ffarl, Just get him a photo of you just SUPER STRUNG OUT so that you fit in with Mick, and it wont look photochopped...

I have a photo of you that we can use... :0

1 - 20 of 34 Posts