Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, when the bike is idling, I can hear a buzzing / whirring sound when I put my ear up to the tank. It's audible from a distance too, but clearly coming from the tank when I put my ear up.

Is this just the fuel pump? Is this normal?

I can hear it the second I come to a stop while the bike is running.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
So, when the bike is idling, I can hear a buzzing / whirring sound when I put my ear up to the tank. It's audible from a distance too, but clearly coming from the tank when I put my ear up.

Cooling fan?

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you hear the sound, get off the bike and listen near the tank on the right side of the bike. If it sounds like a ticking sound, it is the cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Unlikely to be the fuel pump. The fuel pump(as with most Yamaha sportbikes) kinda 'ticks'-unrelated to and a totally different sound than the dreaded CCT tick. It's possible it's just some of the unique noises this motor makes, magnified and resonating inside the tank itself.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's definitely not the fan, as I know that sound quite well. :D

It's not the CCT, as I had the issue ages ago and have the Fizzer fix in place, as well as the revised tensioner.

This is audible if I put my ear on the gas tank.

*shrugs

It may be nothing.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I wouldn't expect a reply from the OP

gearmana

last activity
04-18-2015 04:08 PM

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mine also like this, any solution??.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts