Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in my search for financing for a new dirt bike (I got a Suzuki rmz450) I received a credit card in the mail from Yamaha. They opened an account for my for the total of $6500. I decided to pull the trigger on an fz 09 tomorrow. Ive been keeping tabs on this thing for a while now. I originally decided to go with the fz07 based on reviews but I am a big guy at 225lbs and an experienced motocross racer. I used to own an 08 Aprillia SXV 550 and I figured the extra power will work to my benefit and I like the triple better than the twin on paper.

I have a buddy who runs a dealership about 8hrs from me and he gives me good prices on bikes but I went to my local dealer earlier to get the fz07 I wanted to buy local to avoid the hassle of shipping. they would not move on $100 so I walked. I offered $7200 (my buddy s price plus $400 for shipping) they wouldn't move off $7300. So sitting at home pondering over things I called my buddy and asked on a price for the fz09 he quoted me $8200 OTD with tax 6% tag and title so I figured that was a better bike for me so I am signing papers and having it picked up tomorrow for $200.

I think I made the right decision but i have been going back and forth for weeks on what bike to get. I just couldn't come to a definite answer and even at the last minute changed my mind. I feel good about my final decision and its a graphite with the blue accents.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Great Choice :eagerness: No doubt you'll see that your 1st day on YOUR FZ-09.

Congratulations.

Damn that Local Dealer -- They all suck :violent1:

:blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Choice :eagerness: No doubt you'll see that your 1st day on YOUR FZ-09.

Congratulations.

Damn that Local Dealer -- They all suck :violent1:

:blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6:

I guess when the sales person told the owner I was shopping to price match he took offence to it and told me to get it from the other guy. It doesnt bother me Ill just have to wait a little bit longer to get it and he lost a lot of buisiness from me for sure. I used to shop there for my Yamaha jet skis (2x gp1300s) and my dirt bikes and scooter (zuma). Oh and I forgot to mention he had 5 fz07s (3 on the floor) in his inventory so it wasn't like he was giving away a unit he could have made money on.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Another Stealership offends a (now former) Customer and their friends......Smart Business. :icon_thumbright:

Reactions: Horsman and djtroy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can still switch to an 07 will I regret this decision. A lot of guys on here hate the suspension and ECU. Some guys are actually afraid to ride it. What are your thoughts with a non biased opinion?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I can still switch to an 07 will I regret this decision. A lot of guys on here hate the suspension and ECU. Some guys are actually afraid to ride it. What are your thoughts with a non biased opinion?
Don't overthink it.....!!!! You've done good, until this post,:mad: lol

You'll miss that 46hp and No Mod will correct that -- The FZ-09 is ALL about the Engine. :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't know you or the roads in your area etc. You have plenty of experience for the 09. I like tight twisty roads and value nimble more than big HP, I'd have fun on an 07, it is basically an improved first gen SV650, but the acceleration of the 09 is a rush. The 09 is nimble too, but a bit heavier than the 07. Lol, I'm rambling, hard to say which is best for you.

My shower weight is 145 but I had a lot of fun 2 up on a 38HP street bike lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know you or the roads in your area etc. You have plenty of experience for the 09. I like tight twisty roads and value nimble more than big HP, I'd have fun on an 07, it is basically an improved first gen SV650, but the acceleration of the 09 is a rush. The 09 is nimble too, but a bit heavier than the 07. Lol, I'm rambling, hard to say which is best for you.

My shower weight is 145 but I had a lot of fun 2 up on a 38HP street bike lol.
Yeah the main reason I went with the 09 is because in South Florda the roads are basically a grid and there are no hills and no corners at all. Pretty nice scenery but not much for fun roads at all.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Where in Florida?????

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The engine in the FZ-09 is one of the best engines Yamaha produces (IMHO) and they make a lot of great engines. It is super smooth, plenty of torque, plenty of power, and still gets very good mileage. We need more TRIPLES!

You chose wisely, don't second guess your decision.

And it's NOT a Beast when in "B" mode, or STD for that matter.

In "A" mode, well That's another story, lol.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love this bike. Faster and lighter than my 919. Enough low end to pull the front tire easily. I'm sure the 07 is a fun bike but there's nothing like 100hp between your legs.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I smile a lot more b/c of my 09 :)

No regrets here! The only thing I'm afraid of with this bike, is, if I start modding, I won't be able to stop :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I smile a lot more b/c of my 09 :)

No regrets here! The only thing I'm afraid of with this bike, is, if I start modding, I won't be able to stop :)
Someone should have told me this six months ago...:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts