Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Buying a new MT-09 from a dealer

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Wordsmith 
#1 ·
How to check the basic equipment of a motorcycle, markings of spare parts, tires, rims at the time of purchase?

What you should pay attention to?
Who bought what should be included with the motorcycle besides the user manual and a screwdriver? :)

#2 ·
?

#4 ·
I always order a magnetic drain plug (GoldPlug, in my case), and a couple of oil filters from a discount parts dealer, so there's really nothing to buy extra when you buy a bike. Maybe you were asking what the bike should come with, and yes, a few tools typically lodged under the seat, a spare key with a tag (to order replacements), the owner's manual, and that's about it. But after you get home, make sure to check oil level, that all your seat rubber bumpers are in place, and that mirrors were installed correctly. All of that was not right with my MT-10 (a quart of oil overfilled, chain loose, seat rubber plug missing, and mirrors crooked, so they didn't extend far enough outward, so had to reposition them. All of that still applies to the MT-09. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
But after you get home, make sure to check oil level, that all your seat rubber bumpers are in place, and that mirrors were installed correctly. All of that was not right with my MT-10 (a quart of oil overfilled, chain loose, seat rubber plug missing, and mirrors crooked, so they didn't extend far enough outward, so had to reposition them.
From your words, I understand that it makes sense to demand preparation for the sale in my presence.
As far as I know, the MT-09 for the European market comes with the mirrors removed and the front wheel removed.

#5 · (Edited)
Thank you friends,

These questions arose after the dealer's representative informed me that identical tires from Bridgestone are installed on MT-10SP 2021 and MT-09 2021. But he could not tell me the marking of the tires.

It's not about spare parts, but about the basic equipment and configuration of the MT-09 2021. However, I am happy with any additions. (y) I am making a list of the necessary spare parts, accessories and tools just now too.

#14 ·
The MT-10 has a wider rear tire (190/55/17), compared to the MT-09/SP (180/55/17), but should be the same tire otherwise. Front tires are the same size (120/70/17).

In case somebody is interested on a new SP in the US, MotoPort in Miami has one, but they want the moon for it. They're asking 2 grand over MSRP, and that's on top of their substantial junk fees. So I don't think anybody here would buy it, but just wanted to pass it along :).

#15 ·
You don't get a choice of basic spec unless you pay extra for different tyres, whatever. The bike is supplied by the dealer as the factory specs it.
As for checking the technical condition, the bike is new and has a warranty, why would you get tied up in pointless details? The dealer is not going to open the bike up for a look.
Just check your fluids, set up levers and switch blocks, and go ride it.

#17 · (Edited)
Join the club! My initial reaction was - ? Could have added - WTF??. Still applies! (No diss to the OP though).;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.