Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode the 09 the last weekend and love the bike. They called me today and said they would sell me the Red demo with about 100 miles on it for $7500 +dmv.

I have always like buying my bikes new knowing that I put all the miles on the bike, but $500 off is tempting especially since they have no more 09's in stock at this time. I know it still has full warranty and really not much that is going to go wrong with the bike.

I know I am the only one that can really answer this question since it is my money and my bike but for the sake of argument and since I am at work and can't do anything about the bike at this time I thought I would ask.

By the way I am digging the site and am looking forward to having a bike again, it has been a long couple of years without.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just test rode a demo bike Sunday and yes, I would buy it if given the chance and good deal. Turns out Im buying the "new" model on the showroom floor that had a hundred asses on it and mirrors that have been bumped even more... And no price break. Guess I should sanitize the handgrips when I pick it up...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
She's all broken in and first service done and cheaper... get it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If I wanted a red one.....which I do...and it was selling local.....i'd snap that up for $7500.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have always like buying my bikes new knowing that I put all the miles on the bike, but $500 off is tempting especially since they have no more 09's in stock at this time. I know it still has full warranty and really not much that is going to go wrong with the bike.
That's very tempting. A $500 discount with no other fees? I would be inclined to take that deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was talking to the dealer where I got a test ride. He was very forthcoming about the terms of a demo bike. They get 15% off the cost from Yamaha and have to hold the bike for 60 days to get that discount and not have to pay any interest on the floorplan. Most dealers are willing to pass much of that discount on to the buyer. You can do the math.

I would have no issues buying a demo bike as long as it had not been down.

Rob

·
Registered
96 Posts
I test rode the 09 the last weekend and love the bike. They called me today and said they would sell me the Red demo with about 100 miles on it for $7500 +dmv.

I know I am the only one that can really answer this question since it is my money and my bike but for the sake of argument and since I am at work and can't do anything about the bike at this time I thought I would ask.

By the way I am digging the site and am looking forward to having a bike again, it has been a long couple of years without.
Go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts