Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
STT is a great Track Organization that hits several tracks all over the Southeast and East Coast. Very reputable people and take their time to teach you properly. We highly recommend hitting the track. Hey @triplethreat, last year we picked up our 2015 R1 and R3, think you can hook us up with a free day?! ;)
If I'm not mistaken, those free day with STT vouchers come from the Yamaha dealership when the bike is purchased. I don't have access to them.....sorry.

Thanks for the kudos about STT. We all work very hard to provide the best track day experience that you can have.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Oops. I meant full leathers, although some require one piece.
Just so you all know, STT DOES allow two piece leathers. I've been wearing a custom made Pilot two piece for the last 5 years or so. They do require a full circumference zipper though, and honestly, there is no reason to wear anything less than a full circumference zipper type two piece. Unfortunately, I crash tested it in 2015 at Barber.

·
Registered
83 Posts
@tstagent when i called, it sounded like if you can show proof of purchase they will work with you. It may be worth calling and asking.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
What all tracks do you instruct at?
I do Barber quite frequently, Little Tally, N.C.M. (love that track), Road Atlanta once in a while, and I'm going to try and make it to CMP this year. I average about 10 weekends a year.

Reactions: Brek81 and FZweasel

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, those free day with STT vouchers come from the Yamaha dealership when the bike is purchased. I don't have access to them.....sorry.

Thanks for the kudos about STT. We all work very hard to provide the best track day experience that you can have.
Haha I was just messing with you guys. We race in a few classes in CCS and go to the track pretty often for normal events as well as sponsor the STD Track Org here in FL.

@tstagent when i called, it sounded like if you can show proof of purchase they will work with you. It may be worth calling and asking.
I was just pulling their leg. We race in CCS and attend normal track days as well as sponsor Southern Track Days here in FL.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
I was never offered a free trackday when I bought my FZ09.
I would feel ripped off, except for the fact that I got the most fun motorbike I've ever owned. :icon_joker:

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
LLoyd, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be), that program came about in 2014...sometime during the year. Prior to that, STT was associated with Triumph Motorcycles and several of the coaches purchased a Daytona 675. That was also what Jason DiSalvo was riding at the time.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
47 Posts
LOL,

I spent a couple months Ocala FL before moving to NC and was like "WTH, no track days at Daytona???!" ;)
No track days in Daytona except Team Hammer only because Daytona costs a ton to rent out. We've looked into it and were hit with the sticker shock pretty hard! Haha

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Funny, they do track days all the time at Laguna Seca, an international track and it's not cheap either.

My buddy was shooting pics there a few days ago and Keanu Reeves showed up :eek:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I do Barber quite frequently, Little Tally, N.C.M. (love that track), Road Atlanta once in a while, and I'm going to try and make it to CMP this year. I average about 10 weekends a year.
Hello Triplethreat, please let us know when you are gonna be coaching at CMP. For the last 2 years, STT has been at CMP around end of May.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Reactions: Moto26

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Hello Triplethreat, please let us know when you are gonna be coaching at CMP. For the last 2 years, STT has been at CMP around end of May.
They did a July 2nd and 3rd this year and if they hold on to that same time frame, I might do July 1st and 2nd in 2017. It's all guess work now, as our 2017 schedule isn't out yet.....should be in about a week to 10 days though. I usually go to NCM in Bowling Green on the Memorial Day weekend and if STT has it again next year, I will be there for sure.....I love that track.

Reactions: FZweasel and Camp49

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
They did a July 2nd and 3rd this year and if they hold on to that same time frame, I might do July 1st and 2nd in 2017. It's all guess work now, as our 2017 schedule isn't out yet.....should be in about a week to 10 days though. I usually go to NCM in Bowling Green on the Memorial Day weekend and if STT has it again next year, I will be there for sure.....I love that track.
Looks like 1 day at CMP

July 1-2: Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

And yes Shamrock. My friend did meet the real riders at Laguna that day :D

There's 2 or 3 at Road Atlanta but I can't "Buy" online yet.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Hey weasel, ask triplethreat about the 2017 East Coast FZ-09 Rally.
First weekend in June and not far from where you live-------we would love to have you there!

·
Registered
67 Posts
picking up my 2016 fz09 saturday...I plan on going to the NY state safety track this year...would be cool if this track is included! still going either way :)

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I just saw a post on Facebook with Nick S. at Barber and Road Atlanta. If you know him ask him about teh b.a.r.f. :D :twofinger LOL.
Are you referring to Nick Skirvin? He's a good one. I probably won't see him until maybe the April Barber event.....we usually skip the March opener....too much possibility of not so good weather and everyone is lippin' full of testosterone from being cooped up all winter.

Reactions: FZweasel

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
picking up my 2016 fz09 saturday...I plan on going to the NY state safety track this year...would be cool if this track is included! still going either way :)
Sorry, NY Safety Track isn't on our list of tracks that we go to. Where are you located?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts