Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
50 Posts
Good point. I keep going back and forth between heated gloves... or heated grips haha.

·
Registered
Batmobile
903 Posts
I really need to DIY my mesh chinskirt into a solid windproof one. That'll reduce most of the air coming into the helmet I reckon.
My very first helmet didn't have a chin skirt, I used an old sweatshirt cut to the shape I wanted. Then, took the edges and tucked them in between the outer liner and the protective padding. Worked pretty well.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
50 Posts
My very first helmet didn't have a chin skirt, I used an old sweatshirt cut to the shape I wanted. Then, took the edges and tucked them in between the outer liner and the protective padding. Worked pretty well.
That's a fantastic idea!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Good point. I keep going back and forth between heated gloves... or heated grips haha.
You'll want both.
On my morning rides when it's below 30°F, I can barely feel the heated grips. (Yamaha OEM)
Also, get a wind proof balaclava as well.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It's been a week since being able to ride to work, and I am losing my mind. As soon as I got my new suspension installed, we got hit with snow/ice that hasn't melted yet with these cold days.
More is on the way tonight and tomorrow as well. I don't know how some people can go months without riding. :(

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts