Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Had to break out the cold weather gear this morning. Brisk 45°F ride in. We're at that part of the year where your riding gear is bi-polar from morning to evening. It'll be 73°F by the time I leave, so I'm sure I'll be sweating. :LOL:

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,321 Posts
Had to break out the cold weather gear this morning. Brisk 45°F ride in. We're at that part of the year where your riding gear is bi-polar from morning to evening. It'll be 73°F by the time I leave, so I'm sure I'll be sweating. :LOL:
We have that here in AZ, too. It’s called January. 😛

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Same. Our HR lady thinks I'm nuts riding 20+ miles to work in low 40's. I said that's merely cool, cold starts under 35*. Somehow it seems warmer with the sun out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had an unusual 2021 with Job, Family and weird stuff happening. I had not rode the FZ since May after a low side. Well, got her back and I've been in a great mood since. The job seems easier, I'm getting along with family and things don't seem so weird. BUMP
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I had an unusual 2021 with Job, Family and weird stuff happening. I had not rode the FZ since May after a low side. Well, got her back and I've been in a great mood since. The job seems easier, I'm getting along with family and things don't seem so weird. BUMP View attachment 167882
Right? Motos heal the body and soul. Can’t imagine being off them as long as you’ve been since spring. 😩

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Looks like rides to work are over here. Mornings have been dropping to 30* or lower and afternoon temps are only getting into the mid 40's. May see an afternoon ride on a weekend, but that's about it now.

Put on over 8k this year, the rear tire I put on in early Aug is about half gone already. I used to love winter just as much as summer but my knees don't particularly care for skiing anymore, so winter gets longer and longer.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Gas Rectangle Font Circle Number

Another one of these days today.
Will be sweating on my ride home in the Tempest gear. o_O

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
29 dungarees frankenstein this morning... My new riding pants with the thermal liner are doing the job!

What's not doing the job is my drafty RF-1400 helmet. Starting to think I might want a different helmet for the winter. I don't remember my HJC being this cold. Any suggestions for anything warmer/less drafty?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Balaklava?
Got one, and neck gator. It’s the air still drafting up and around. I might also try adjusting the visor to seal better. Maybe a light coat of vacuum grease on the seal.

ah. You know what… forgot about the chin skirt. The Rf-1400 is so damn tight to squeeze my melon in, I took off that skirt. Might have to try it again.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
50 Posts
Still riding to work here in TX. Lowest temp so far is low 40s which I pulled out the overpants for. I have an RF1200 which used to be fine. Now that I've removed the speaker pocket padding to install a cardo freecom system, it's gotten quite a bit draftier. I'll probably try to reinstall some of the foam that came with the helmet speaker padding.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Now that I've removed the speaker pocket padding to install a cardo freecom system, it's gotten quite a bit draftier.
I too have one of these systems, and I definitely feel drafts up around the ears.
Coldest morning riding here so far has been upper 20's.
Let me know if you put the padding back in and it makes a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Doing my new commute this week. Morning temperatures are around 36°F. I’ll say my gear make it survivable. Not comfortable. Also, damn going down the highway for 30min stretches is killing me and my tires lol. Ugh. Looking forward to spring.

1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts