Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
961 - 980 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
I don't have a USB C cable here at work so I haven't been able to plug it in and look at the photos/videos. There are a bunch of 'vacation' style photos on the camera, but nothing that would allow me to contact someone.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I don't have a USB C cable here at work so I haven't been able to plug it in and look at the photos/videos. There are a bunch of 'vacation' style photos on the camera, but nothing that would allow me to contact someone.
Could wait for later for the cable, or you can pair with it using the app.

But like you said, probably not much to help identify.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,680 Posts
On the phone you found, if you tap the screen to where the keypad comes up, click the "Emergency" tab at the bottom left, and then select "Medical ID". They should have an emergency contact number you can call, usually a spouse or family member...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Also blows my mind Verizon can't get their info... Like, it's their SIM card... it's their service.... How useless are these people?
At the very least, they should have been able to tell him about the medical ID feature. @psycoreefer, did you try that yet?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
So they should receive the phone, or give you an address to ship it to at Verizon Corp.
Legal reasons. They certainly can find and know who the phone belongs to.
Yup - when I went to Verizon I very much expected them to tell me that 'they' had to return the phone - I did not expect them to give me the owners phone number/name/address or whatever. When the guy told me 'there is no way for us to identify the owner, but I'll recycle it for you if you want'....my first thought was that he was trying to run some sort of scam - take the phone, wipe it, resell it, etc.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
559 Posts
If the backpack and equipment was found on a state maintained route, I know someone who can help. At the very least, make sure it is available for the person should they come asking for it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Awesome story! 😊👍

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Rode to work and met the owner of the lost bag on the way in. Found him though a post on Craigslist of all things. A very grateful visiting foreigner is now on his way to Utah, two days late but now with all his camera gear.
F*ck yeah! Love a good ending. Most shitheads just keep valuable stuff like that. Good on ya.

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
559 Posts
Rode to work today. Mostly regret it. By the time I ride in, it's already approaching the hottest part of the day. Normally hasn't cooled much by the time I leave, either. My house was a "pleasant" 90F, but by the time I hit the highway, temps had reached 102F. I'm a cold weather person - not a fan of this heat.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Heavy rain this morning on the ride in. Car in the right lane went through some deep standing water and sent a tidal wave onto me. That was fun. My rain gear is still working well, so I stayed nice and dry even after a waterfall hit me. :)

Reactions: OldSchlPunk

·
Registered
559 Posts
I finally get to bump after what feels like forever. That smoke lessened significantly yesterday and stayed reasonable today. Just the day before, they AQI hit its max value in my neighborhood, so this is a welcomed relief.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Rode again today. Weather was almost perfect by the time I got done today. Had a marvelous ride, was completely relaxed by the time I got home.

961 - 980 of 983 Posts