Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
941 - 960 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Had a humid ride home. Passed a dude on a Multistrada he just picked up off Facebook market place. He pulled in to the gas station behind me and we chatted for a bit. I never knew how damn loud those things are at idle. Very cool bike. Had all the hard box adventure kit on it. Bet that thing is a blast. Too much spaghetti sauce for my blood.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Had a little R&D product I needed to run up to our lab about 30mi away.
Weather here in NC is definitely at summer levels, very humid.
This will be my second summer with my USWE backpack, and I still love it. Makes for a very comfortable pack + hydration.

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
559 Posts
The temperature today was sublime. Just absolutely perfect. A bit breezy, but manageable. Unfortunately I had someone from Louisiana in front of me going 25 mph down the grade. I know there are no mountains in LA, but c'mon now, use a turnout. That's all I'm asking for.

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
I'm glad I didn't ride today, on the way home if poured so hard I couldn't see the hood of my car. These morons down here still driving without lights on, but they turn the hazards on. I swear SC must not teach to use turn signals when they test.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm glad I didn't ride today, on the way home if poured so hard I couldn't see the hood of my car. These morons down here still driving without lights on, but they turn the hazards on. I swear SC must not teach to use turn signals when they test.
yeah, that foolishness is rampant here in NC too. Like, use your brain... you can barely see, now you’re surrounded by lightning bugs changing lanes with both indicators on... stop it. Take the next exit like Hardley riders and wait it out somewhere.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
Rode to work today, got caught in this little thunderstorm, which wasn't so bad.....till the hail started falling. I had to hide out under a tree untill the hail passed.
IMG_20210624_133104.jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Rode to work today, got caught in this little thunderstorm, which wasn't so bad.....till the hail started falling. I had to hide out under a tree untill the hail passed. View attachment 165552
Ah, got a little Harley in ya… hiding under trees or overpasses from a little water… frozen or not. :p

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Been great riding weather all week.
Nice break from the heat.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I got stuck in that same storm. It was absolutely pissing rain. I didn't bring any of my rain gear. Got home with an absolutely soaked bottom.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Rode to work Friday and today. On Friday, I hit a bump in to road pretty dang hard. How hard? Well, my rear tire compressed up far enough to bend my plate backwards. So reasonably hard. My back hurt all day. Being part of the roads department, I made sure to pass along my displeasure with the obstacle to the appropriate parties.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
MOTGATT!!! - that's most of the gear all of the time. I never board the bike without armored Jacket, gloves, helmet, sturdy boots & long pants. I will sometimes commute back and forth to work without my armored pants, that is an acceptable risk to me, maybe not for everyone.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,680 Posts
Rode to work Friday and today... Being part of the roads department...

Our highway dept. took the day off today. 😑

So there’s a wash crossing on the main road near my house, and they closed it on Friday due to heavy rain on the mountain. But it’s still closed as of today, even though there’s no water or debris in it whatsoever. The fun part is, whenever that wash is closed, people use my neighborhood as a shortcut, and they fly down our 25mph dirt road at 45. Never mind that people ride bicycles and horses down this road, and there’s not even a stop sign on one of the crossroads...

So I hope they enjoy their holiday, and I hope the Sheriff’s dept. doesn’t have to interrupt theirs...
🚓💨 🚑💨

·
Registered
559 Posts
Everyone one in my department is off, except me. Someone's got to be available to take phone calls - even if the response is only to say there's nothing we can do today, try tomorrow.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,680 Posts
Everyone one in my department is off, except me. Someone's got to be available to take phone calls - even if the response is only to say there's nothing we can do today, try tomorrow.
We didn’t even get that. There was just a recorded message saying if it’s an emergency, call 911. Even though it’s a pain in the ass, and potentially dangerous, it doesn’t seem 911-worthy...

Oddly, even though it seems to be a federal holiday today, i.e. the post office is closed, I saw mail delivery vehicles driving around. My guess is they’re delivering Amazon Prime packages. So when Bezos says you work on a holiday, you work on a holiday?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
On my ride into work today I found a backpack laying in the middle of the road. Grabbed it and pulled over to see if someone would come back looking for it. After about 10 minutes I opened it up to see if there was any ID inside. Nothing but a very nice cammera, a go pro, and a bunch of junk food. Posted on the local community FB group, hoping to get this back to whoever dropped it. Anyone have luck returning lost stuff through facebook groups?

Last time this happened I found a nearly new Verizon branded Iphone laying in the dirt at a turn out on a local twisty mountain road. Left it powered on for several days hoping someone would call it, or 'locate' it. Posted it on the FB group. Took it to Verizon. Verizon told me there is no way for them to find out who it belongs to or return it, but the guy said he'd be happy to take it and recycle it for me. I still have that phone....can't do anything with it because its all locked down.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
On my ride into work today I found a backpack laying in the middle of the road. Grabbed it and pulled over to see if someone would come back looking for it. After about 10 minutes I opened it up to see if there was any ID inside. Nothing but a very nice cammera, a go pro, and a bunch of junk food. Posted on the local community FB group, hoping to get this back to whoever dropped it. Anyone have luck returning lost stuff through facebook groups?

Last time this happened I found a nearly new Verizon branded Iphone laying in the dirt at a turn out on a local twisty mountain road. Left it powered on for several days hoping someone would call it, or 'locate' it. Posted it on the FB group. Took it to Verizon. Verizon told me there is no way for them to find out who it belongs to or return it, but the guy said he'd be happy to take it and recycle it for me. I still have that phone....can't do anything with it because its all locked down.
Any videos/pics on the GoPro?
A tip I tell my friends is to take a picture of your contact info with your GoPro as the first image.
If there are any honest people out there, you may have a chance of getting it back.

941 - 960 of 983 Posts