Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
921 - 940 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
559 Posts
Most of the salt is gone and it should still be above freezing on my way home, despite a later shift. Mid 50s is enough to make it worth the added effort. Streak of riding at least once a month every month since I bought the bike continues!

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's been almost two months since anyone bumped this. Ya'll just not riding to work or what?

I have been commuting this week on two wheels, after not commuting for about 6 weeks due to paternity leave. Today was particularly fun since they closed the main road in and out of my neighborhood (and I forgot), so I was riding in the dirt. The Michelin Road 5s performed admirably, considering they're not really meant for that.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I rode to work today for the first time this year. A little cool but not bad (55*), after sundown it seems cooler for some reason.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Rode today...beautiful morning, high forecast in the upper 70's, 13% chance of rain to increase dramatically after 9PM.

Started raining @ 2PM on my route (I'm an LTL truck driver and go to Madison, WI area every day). When I got back to home base @ about 8, it had been raining for around an hour. Oh well, not the first time and won't be the last time I get caught in the rain. Nice ride home, only moderately wet. As it got darker and I got further out of town, vision was a bit tough but it was good to train the eyes.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Been riding off and on. Have to transport the littles around and I'm not allowed to take them on the bike yet, so she'll stay in the garage on those days.

I have to post that video of me being incompetent in navigating my neighborhood and then having a motivated ride down. It's the most I've pushed the bike in the twisties. I know it's way less than most people here are capable of, but I made it safe and without any extra paperwork, so I consider it a win regardless.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Getting paid to go to school sounds pretty great. I really need to get back to school so I can move up a bit in my org. The last few days have been some extraordinarily bad weather - who has snow for three days in late May in a desert? Crazy. I had just switched one of my vehicles from its Winter tires to its Summer tires, too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Big bump today. Absolutely PERFECT weather and riding conditions. Pretty much nobody to slow me down on my ride down the hill, too. I got to see about 25 wild horses in the biggest herd I've seen yet, too. That was interesting.

Edit: I snagged the footage from my GoPro and uploaded it. No editing or anything, just the horses and the ride.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I do not like this heatwave we're getting when I don't have AC at my house. I do prefer the heatwave to a cold snap, though, because I can still ride in a heatwave.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Rode today. Decided on the way home to take a different route, a little longer but the bugs wouldn't be as bad. Well, I get to this roundabout and run through like I usually do, over 30 mph, and run up on the tail of this hot looking late model Mustang. As I'm running back up through the gears rather gently, (I'm just in 6th gear, maybe 50 mph by now) I hear him drop 2 gears and try to run me. OK, game on bitch. I don't even downshift, just crank the throttle WFO and run with him until he backs down around 80. He may have been put off by that because he turned off the next opportunity. I almost followed him to let him know at the next stopsign that I never downshifted to stay with him, just to be an azzhole...but I didn't.

His Mustang was pretty hot but I definitely had a power-to-weight advantage. And, I can ride like that all day and still get way better gas mileage!

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Had a tire blow on the highway at 70 in my car last night, had to ride to work all slab. And now it's pouring and I have to ride 30 miles to another job site and I forgot my rain pants. At least I didn't put a hole in my hand again.

Plus most of my last minute purchases for ECR should be in today, just staying focused on the light at the end of the bad luck tunnel.

921 - 940 of 983 Posts