Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
There is a bit of an optical illusion going on in that photo - at first glance it looks like your kickstand is 'hovering' above the ground a couple of inches.....and yes - I'm always shocked how much difference a set of tires makes in how a bike handles.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
618 Posts
Shoulder bag can hold my gauges but the crew truck has all that good stuff on it so my personal set hang next to my 134a set in the garage. Next week I'm loading up some tools and heading up to the tree farm to service the new tractor :) figuring out any excuse to ride!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think this has been the longest, wettest, coldest Spring ever. I made the 35 mile commute to work for the first time this year yesterday. I really don't like to ride if it's under 50 degrees. I'm getting olde.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Had another "ChesterBurnet got me thinking" moment:

On the way home from work last night, as I was getting to the last roundabout of the trip, I saw that I was going to fall in behind a Pontiac of some sort coming from my left. Now, I tend to push pretty hard in roundabouts. I ended up running up pretty hard on this guy's azz as he tippy-toed through. As we start getting through to where we start to straighten out and can accelerate, he punches it. This nondescript Pontiac has some motor, a lot of motor.

Well, I just had to embarrass him, I punched it too. Stayed right on his azz (even had to back out some) until he got out of it at around 75mph. All I could think was that anyone can drive fast in a straight line. Watching his car wallow and weave as we were coming out of the roundabout hard on the gas, I also thought to myself that the guy maybe should've spent a few bucks on some suspension work.

He turned into the next residential area. I wanted to follow him to tell him I didn't even get out of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Finally warm enough here in Southwestern Ontario to ride to work. Was 20 degrees C (68 F) this morning and will be back into riding everyday it doesn't rain. Cheaper on gas than the Ram and more fun!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My damned bike has a stupid malfunction where it refuses to turn onto my street so I can get home after a day's work.

It keeps driving straight past it to a park about 4 miles away, with some spirited acceleration in between. It's so annoying.

Anyone know a fix?

·
Registered
445 Posts
My damned bike has a stupid malfunction where it refuses to turn onto my street so I can get home after a day's work.

It keeps driving straight past it to a park about 4 miles away, with some spirited acceleration in between. It's so annoying.

Anyone know a fix?

View attachment 160499
mine does the same thing. Probably something with the brakes and how I don’t use them when i need to turn in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
After the cold and rainy sh!t spring we had here in the northeast, I've ben riding to work pretty much every day since mid June.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts

Anyone know a fix?
Following - mine does something similar, except it refuses to turn onto the street where my office is and I spend all day riding instead.....not sure if its related but if you find a fix please let me know, otherwise I may get fired.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
410 Posts
Finally rode to work again. Felt like garbage the past week so I haven't ridden. Also, really need some new shoes on 'er. Still waiting on closing the house.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Rode today (again), balls it was hot when I got back to town! I thought the temp might start dropping by 8 PM but nooooooo. Still 87* when I left for home (humidity was almost as high!).

The older I get, the less I am tolerating this crap!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rode to work today. The morning was great. The evening not so much - a wet ride home, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a thunderstorm....

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
606 Posts
WTH?! Ya gonna melt or something? A good rain ride every now and again is good to get an appreciation of how damn good bike tires are in the rain these days...and it challenges you to be smoooooth.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yesterday's commute was bipolar. The morning was amazing. Did a short trip near the new home, then back down the hill to work. 11/10, can't wait to daily that. The way from work to my "old" home, however, was a complete 0/10. Nearly negated the wonderfulness of the morning. A big-rig jackknifed about an hour and a half before I was set to go home. And when I say jackknifed, I mean jackknifed.

Spilled 50 gallons of fuel and 20 gallons of oil, broke his trailer, obliterated 50 feet of guardrail on both sides of the highway. It was bad. Worse yet, he did it in a place where there is exactly no real alternate route. (The only one is 2 hours long!) The good news was, I was informed and I work for the highways, so I could potentially cheese it through the closure, as I live right before this incident.

Well, that didn't work out. I was in stop and go traffic with about a dozen LEOs in a state that doesn't allow lane splitting. Took me two hours to get home instead of the normal 10 minutes. We were going so slow, it was easier to just push the bike the 2 miles of highway. In 95 degree heat (and remarkably humid with our thunderstorms), with a 210 degree motor dumping heat on me. By the time I got home, my helmet, clothes, and mesh jacket were completely soaked through with sweat.

As an aside, the road stayed closed for about 7 hours and a bad time was had by all.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
So do I read between the lines that your new commute includes Geiger Grade? You'll be one of the lucky few who can actually wear out the sides of the tires on their regular commute!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yessir. Moving to the Virginia City Highlands area! Upside: that road. Downside: that road in the winter. Hah

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bump! I indeed did... But that's a daily occurrence for me :)

861 - 880 of 913 Posts