Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

861 - 866 of 866 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
There is a bit of an optical illusion going on in that photo - at first glance it looks like your kickstand is 'hovering' above the ground a couple of inches.....and yes - I'm always shocked how much difference a set of tires makes in how a bike handles.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
313 Posts
Shoulder bag can hold my gauges but the crew truck has all that good stuff on it so my personal set hang next to my 134a set in the garage. Next week I'm loading up some tools and heading up to the tree farm to service the new tractor :) figuring out any excuse to ride!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think this has been the longest, wettest, coldest Spring ever. I made the 35 mile commute to work for the first time this year yesterday. I really don't like to ride if it's under 50 degrees. I'm getting olde.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Had another "ChesterBurnet got me thinking" moment:

On the way home from work last night, as I was getting to the last roundabout of the trip, I saw that I was going to fall in behind a Pontiac of some sort coming from my left. Now, I tend to push pretty hard in roundabouts. I ended up running up pretty hard on this guy's azz as he tippy-toed through. As we start getting through to where we start to straighten out and can accelerate, he punches it. This nondescript Pontiac has some motor, a lot of motor.

Well, I just had to embarrass him, I punched it too. Stayed right on his azz (even had to back out some) until he got out of it at around 75mph. All I could think was that anyone can drive fast in a straight line. Watching his car wallow and weave as we were coming out of the roundabout hard on the gas, I also thought to myself that the guy maybe should've spent a few bucks on some suspension work.

He turned into the next residential area. I wanted to follow him to tell him I didn't even get out of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Finally warm enough here in Southwestern Ontario to ride to work. Was 20 degrees C (68 F) this morning and will be back into riding everyday it doesn't rain. Cheaper on gas than the Ram and more fun!

861 - 866 of 866 Posts