Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

841 - 860 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
In quarantine in NC, so no riding for us. Shame too when the weather is so beautiful. Silver linings my friends.
You technically still have till 5pm today to get a short ride in :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Update: It did bite me. Ah well. Made it home safe after riding slowly and carefully. Then rode again today. :p

MK3Brent: That's a bummer. Nevada is saying that driving or riding is just fine. If you spend too much time inside, you'll go stir-crazy! That said, they recommend walks over anything else.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was 32F in my area... IDGAF! I went to pick up mine last night. Rode it to work this morning.

( Don't worry, I'm one of only 2 people in my office, everyone else is working from home. Tech Support Life )

The bike is... well... it is an MT-09!!! So it's performing beautifully.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Today's ride had a little bit of excitement.

My ABS light came on once I hit the freeway. Was thinking about that on the way in, given my bike is still under warranty but I don't know if the local stealership is open. Was kind of on autopilot, but still had some basic instincts going. Turns out that was a good thing.

Edit: apologies on the audio, this is straight from the Go-Pro.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's what do. Look 5 seconds ahead and have an escape plan. Distracted drivers don't want to check their blind spots.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's what we do. Look 5 seconds ahead and have an escape plan. Distracted drivers don't wan to check their blind spots.

·
Registered
380 Posts
48 degrees and rainy as shit but I said to hell with the weather. The kriega bag got a real test today, it was dripping from the road spray and my ass was soaked, but everything inside the bag was gone dry.

My RPHA 70 on the other hand did not impress me as it started to fog almost instantly even in city mode. I suppose I need to treat it with real anti fog spray.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Been commuting every day for a while now. The only time I don't is so I can put a mile or three on the four-wheel contraption. (Fingers crossed we can get rid of it and get some new hotness.) But man, is this bike just the best or what? Just an absolute unit of a bike and everything I want right now. I cannot fathom wanting something different anytime soon.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
Been commuting every day for a while now. The only time I don't is so I can put a mile or three on the four-wheel contraption. (Fingers crossed we can get rid of it and get some new hotness.) But man, is this bike just the best or what? Just an absolute unit of a bike and everything I want right now. I cannot fathom wanting something different anytime soon.
Yup- I ride pretty much every day too. Only exceptions is when I have to haul kids before/after work and even then sometimes I go home a lunch and swap out for the bike.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Same here, the triple cylinder can out run all the problems I make for myself. Very cool that y'all are bringing home the bacon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bump for today's commute into Ze Orifice! Yep, I might go outside and take a pic once the sun is a bit higher up. Been going to work with it every day the New England weather allows.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If not tomorrow, I will start riding to work on Thurs. As I get older, I'm finding I don't care to ride to work if it's under 60*, the arthritis in my fingers is primarily the problem. Plus, I have a 26+ mi. ride one way.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
292 Posts
This stay at home stuff has really put a damper on my riding time but today I was able to play employee and ride an hour each way to do a commercial HVAC job!! Even was able to carry my tool bag and drinks without issue! Today was a good day!

841 - 860 of 865 Posts