Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

If I put stickers on my bike, can I call it a build?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
@ChesterBurnet

Come on, man. How on earth are you going to draw a line between simple mods and a build. Who gets to make that detemination?

At the same time, if some guy lives in an apartment and his entire tool collection fits inside a plastic tote, and he’s able to change his own tires and install some turn signals in the parking lot, I respect that, too. Why doesn’t he deserve to document it in his own thread?

Nobody needs to determine. It seems quite clear that everyone responding knows. Secondly, I didn't say I thought that anyone should not deserve to create their own thread to talk about what their doing. I read and enjoy all of them. There's a lot to learn and many a thread has kept me Googling to understand what they're doing. I also try and join in when I have the experience to help them find an answer. I especially enjoy new people coming here from a off road background that are trying to figure out how it all transfers to the street. I was just observing that people are calling simple mods = builds. It was just a simple statement about a trend I noticed.

I also noticed a while back that people don't drink water any more.....they hydrate. Sorry if anyone finds that offensive.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How would the single sided swingarm feel riding it on the FZ? I'm curious. Never been on something with one.
It feels like your partner has 1 hand tied behind "their" back. You notice I made my response gender neutral so I wouldn't offend anyone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Batmobile
903 Posts
The single sided swing arm got sold on Facebook for around $2200 if I remember correctly. I was super interested in buying it, but I didn't really have a reason other than, that's awesome and I want it. Usually that's all I need to do something but the wallet must have been closed that day.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well I know some wont agree with me but there is a difference, at least too me, between adding bling and a build 😁. My bike has shorty levers, windscreen, full system, bobbins, tank pads, sargent seat, no longer has stock plate holder that bolts to swing arm, integrated tail light, tst high plate mount, lighttech style chain adjusters, full system, tip over protection and ecu flash. In my eyes thats not a build...most of it is bling. Now single sided swing arm,,,thats a build! But it really doesn't matter what the heck we call it now does it:LOL:!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts