Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding bar ends and bar end mirrors for this bike, anyone with experience here have any suggestions?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have pro taper bars, I drilled out ends with 9/16 bit and tapped threads in with an m16 tap, didn't like the logos on it so I sand blasted it at work and sent it out for powder coat. I use rhino Moto bar end adapters with CRG bar end mirrors

Bicycle part Vehicle Footwear Bicycle Motorcycle accessories
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Auto part Motorcycle Supermoto

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buel bar!

I'm having trouble finding bar ends and bar end mirrors for this bike, anyone with experience here have any suggestions?
Hey man. Love the mods on the bike!
Ive been trying to see your solution to the front brake 'situation' on the Buell 1125 bar.
Do u have a spesific list to what u did to make everything fit? And of course, what parts did u use to make it work?

Seems like the Buel bar is the way to go on this bike, but I see many struggle to get the front brake lever/reservoar/sylinder done right.

Ride safe
Lucas.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Motovation Universal Fit Barend Weights/Sliders

I used these bar ends and recommend them highly for the buell bars. Nick used these in the stoltect build thread and helped me get the correct size which is the smallest selection. It is hard to find bar ends that fit the buell bars because of the inner reinforcement and the psr bar ends I had originally could not hold the weight of my mirrors. Unless the mirrors are light anything that expands near the end of the bars won't hold much weight. Another good thing about the longer bar ends is that they are weighted, they eliminated pretty much all vibration. Only downside is they are a little pricey.

And I had no trouble with my brakes, they fit with the bars as is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another plus side is the durability of these bar ends. I laid my bike down hard on the highway, twisting my buell bars, bar mounts, and completely ripping off my right mirror. However I pulled the bar end back out and it was not bent as well as the threads and everything still being intact. Love these things, reused them after I got all my other parts straight again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the buell clubman bars have an inside diameter of 14mm or less you should be able to tap them to an M16 making them the same as stock bars... Anyone have an exact dimension?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts