Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I measured and realized the two closer bolts on the "parallelogram" bolt pattern for the license bracket was the same at each end of the bracket. I took it apart, and realized the bracket that holds the assembly on had a bar that if mounted directly where the extension bracket had been, went right over the lock cylinder for the seat. This brought me to the first time I've had to hack on my baby. Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

The little spring loaded door for the cylinder was part of the extension bracket I wanted rid of, so it had to come off. It was mounted in the bracket with a couple of pins that let it pivot a bit; no idea why Yamaha did that, but it made removing it easy by pressing the pins Auto part Gun and popping it out.

I then assembled it (I was lucky to have two screws to run through the tail lamp bracket and into the license bracket as well as the small screws and nuts for the springloaded door, so this cost me nothing but time. Not great but looks better and looks stock.
Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
110 Posts
I measured and realized the two closer bolts on the "parallelogram" bolt pattern for the license bracket was the same at each end of the bracket. I took it apart, and realized the bracket that holds the assembly on had a bar that if mounted directly where the extension bracket had been, went right over the lock cylinder for the seat. This brought me to the first time I've had to hack on my baby. View attachment 11466

The little spring loaded door for the cylinder was part of the extension bracket I wanted rid of, so it had to come off. It was mounted in the bracket with a couple of pins that let it pivot a bit; no idea why Yamaha did that, but it made removing it easy by pressing the pins View attachment 11462 and popping it out.

I then assembled it (I was lucky to have two screws to run through the tail lamp bracket and into the license bracket as well as the small screws and nuts for the springloaded door, so this cost me nothing but time. Not great but looks better and looks stock.
View attachment 11465
did you have to drill into the side panels? I tried doing this mod but noticed that the bracket's width prevents the side panels from lining up correctley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts