Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I bought myself a budget finder eliminator from ebay for $50.00 from a guy called creese1 and thought I would do a quick review in case anyone was interested in buying a budget fender eliminator.

Product Description:

The fender eliminator is a piece of ca. 3mm thick, black powdercoated steel plate that has been bent into shape. Four bolts are welded to the top of it and fit into the four holes that hold the OEM fender. It utilizes the existing nuts. A license plate light is attached above the oval cut-outs that hold the license plate. Two holes on the sides are provided for mounting indicators.
Gun Revolver Trigger Plumbing Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car

Highs:
  • The finish is very good and I really like the look of the fender eliminator
  • Postage to Australia is only $4 (!) via UPS - I had it on my doorstep in ca. 2 weeks
  • The Fender is really sturdy - this thing will last!
  • It only costs $50
  • It fits really well - I had no problems whatsoever with installing it
  • The number plate light is supplied and works really well
Sighs:
  • The stock indicators don't fit the indicator cut-outs. Apparently you have to remove the rubber but I couldn't figure out how without cutting anything. At any rate it was beyond my limited skills and I simply used a pair of aftermarket indicators that I had ordered anyways.
  • Your key-hole will be exposed to mud flinging up from the rear wheel
  • There is no where to hide the wiring from the indicators. Though you can conceal them by cable-tying the indicator wires to the license plate light wire - something that is on my to-do-list

Fazit:
If you are looking for a budget fender eliminator and you don't want to re-use your existing turn signals I can highly recommend this. For the price of a yoshi of graves fender you can purchase this fender and a pair of sleek aftermarket turn signals.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Thanks for the review. Yesterday I emailed Creese for pictures of the item on the FZ09. No need now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have his fender eliminator also. Not installed yet but the quality of the product is certainly top notch. Mine came with four LED turn signals, the license plate light, and the mounting bracket all for $69 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts