Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally brought the new bike home. Figured I'd start a thread to track what I've done/plan to do.

I've already introduced myself so moving forward we go!

Here's the bike when it arrived at the dealer in the crate:

And now in it's new home, with the dealer installed wheelie bar:

Unfortunately, the day it came home, it was much too cold to take out. Check out the exhaust condensation on the swing-arm!!

Can't wait to see where I go with this thing!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So dealer installed wheelie bar (for 39L Yamaha hard case). They also installed the Yamaha tank protector. I like the look of it. Wanted this on before my belt or zipper tries to scuff my new bike.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
To be added. Some delrin bits.

Picked up OES fork sliders, Woodcraft frame and spools/sliders. These will go on once it's a little warmer.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Rizoma has some nice turn signals. Considered those, but really liked the Yamaha ones. They come with resistors and mounting adapters. Going to put these on at a later time, when it's not so bloody cold out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Picked up the Graves fender eliminator. Gotta get rid of that OEM monstrosity.

Note to Canadian's ordering this from Graves - UPS charged me $58 for brokerage. Robbery. If ordering from Graves, see if they can ship by other means.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Ermax 25mm screen is en-route, so picks will be updated when it arrives and is installed.

I ordered the Satin Black one, and haven't seen it mounted on an FZ yet.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ermax

The Ermax 25mm satin black screen arrived.

Before:

Ermax mounts installed. Looks factory:

And after:

The satin colour matches the bike great. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also got the Mad Hornets levers. These are the standard length ones. I have been using the Chinese ones for a few years on my R6 and never had issues. Hard to justify the $$$$ of the other brands.

Instal is simple. I just had to push the bushing out of the new levers as the I.D. was too large. The OEM bushing from the stock lever popped right in.

OEM:

Mad Hornets installed:

Lines up well, no issues with switch contact.

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
love that screen buck - was it a pain in the ass to install?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
love that screen buck - was it a pain in the ass to install?
Super easy. A 4mm and 5mm hex is all that's needed. Probably 5min to install. Everything lined up perfect.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Rizoma has some nice turn signals. Considered those, but really liked the Yamaha ones. They come with resistors and mounting adapters. Going to put these on at a later time, when it's not so bloody cold out.

These turn signals are Canada only? couldn't find anywhere on our US yamaha web site?

·
Registered
190 Posts
LOL, same thing happened to me. Graves actually agreed to ship mine USPS but then screwed up when they shipped it.

Picked up the Graves fender eliminator. Gotta get rid of that OEM monstrosity.

Note to Canadian's ordering this from Graves - UPS charged me $58 for brokerage. Robbery. If ordering from Graves, see if they can ship by other means.

·
Registered
612 Posts
These turn signals are Canada only? couldn't find anywhere on our US yamaha web site?
Yeah I got those same signals from the Yamaha Canada site. They look so much better than those bulbus stock signals.

image(3).jpg

Reactions: buck

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here's another angle..

image(5).jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm uploading my photos from my pc but they always come in super tiny? I used the "Go Advanced" button but the photos are still very small, what gives??

Reactions: PegasusJockey

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is the satin black screen a solid color or translucent?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is the satin black screen a solid color or translucent?
In the poor lit garage, it appears to be solid. I can clarify when the sun decides to come out!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts