Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 2012 Concours 14 in Idaho last Thursday. Hung out with my son and daughter in law on Wednesday then blasted off cross country on Thursday.

3 legger to Santa Barbara.

Day 1 did 8 hours in the saddle to Reno Nv. Mostly pretty strait roads. Cruising between 80 and 90 while watching for the Poe Poe.

Day 2 was the really fun one. Over the Carson Pass to join hi way 49 then south to Fresno. This is an awesome road. There is a section called the snake that is about 15 miles of twisties and is one of the most fun roads that you will ever ride. Hung in Fresno til Monday but managed to do a couple of short rides with a buddy on a Beemer.

Day 3 was the home leg and on familiar territory. Did the 33 to Ojai and home.

Rode in temps from 28 to 91 degrees. At 28 the heated grips were quite welcome. Cruised from 30 to 90mph. Top speed was a buck 30. Fuel economy ranged from 37 to 42.

I made it home yesterday after 1200 miles and about the same number of smiles.

Really impressed with the Connie 14. Powerful, great handling, super stable at speed. 100 feels like 60.

I think every boy needs one!

IMG_1517.jpg IMG_1519.jpg IMG_1524.jpg IMG_1529.jpg IMG_1542.jpg

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Nice report. Sounds like a fun trip. And what a bonus, no sore butt complaints. Then again, the cockpit seats have probably hardened you for anything else ;-)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Excellent compliment to the FZ09 -- Enjoy them both:cool:

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
136 Posts
My wife and I demoed 1 a couple of years ago 2up we both really liked it. However since we got married I can't get her on the back anymore.

Nice bike!!

I was eyeballing the green 2015 at the motorcycle show.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you could get it for that price OTD it would be a pretty good deal.

Otherwise if they tack on freight, setup, tax, lic, the price would end up well north of 10k.

I would take my time and grind on them.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
My wife and I demoed 1 a couple of years ago 2up we both really liked it. However since we got married I can't get her on her back anymore.

Nice bike!!

I was eyeballing the green 2015 at the motorcycle show.
Fixed

Sounds like a great trip. When I first looked at those pictures I thought they had mounted a bazooka or rocket launcher and then I realized that was the exhaust can. Wow, you should be able to shave off 800-900lbs with an after market exhaust.

Reactions: Obijack
1 - 9 of 9 Posts