Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right, Brocks Performance is coming out with a full system for the FZ-09. My bike is going to be dropped off to Brocks on Monday and will be the test bed for a new system. I've been around their products in the drag racing world for a long time and can tell you that they make a Top Notch product. I am being told it will utilize their signature Alien Head muffler, which I think will tuck nicely under the bike. No pricing has been discussed, but I can assume it will be similar to what else is on the market. It will be tuned and dyno'd in house and I'll be sure to post up some numbers and graphs. I have no affiliation with the company, but I can say that they (Ben) has been a pleasure to deal with thus far and I hope to see good things in the coming weeks... Will keep the forum posted! ! !

·
Registered
380 Posts
that's cool. My bro has a Brocks by Hindle on a kawi zrx1100 he drag races. Pipe is loud!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot say for sure that Hindle will make the header, but I believe they make most of Brocks headers and Brock supplies the mid pipe and can. I was told that I can expect about 10-12 whp from the system before any tuning... We shall see. And yes, it will likely be LOUD... I hope. Loud pipes save lives, right?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not trying to knock on this system, but I personally never heard of Hindle.. and I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing or anything like that. BUT, 10hp increase with no tuning for $900 sounds bit to good to be true.

I would like to see some closeup pics or sound clips of it.

Reactions: mxlu

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hindle/Brocks are big names in drag racing, especially with Kawasaki and Suzuki. Their exhausts can be found on bikes at any drag strip on Friday night. You will see them on a lot of top speed and standing mile purposed ZX14s and Hayabusas, too.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hindle/Brocks are big names in drag racing, especially with Kawasaki and Suzuki. Their exhausts can be found on bikes at any drag strip on Friday night. You will see them on a lot of top speed and standing mile purposed ZX14s and Hayabusas, too.
Maybe thats why.. I don't follow bike drag racing. You would know better then me, but hopefully they use their competition tech on the FZ09 system.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not trying to knock on this system, but I personally never heard of Hindle.
Canadian company, owner was a very successful roadracer turned pipe builder decades ago. They don't advertise as much as the big budget guys (2Bros, Yosh, Akro, etc.) but the systems I've had from them have delivered the power as promised.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can definitely say from first hand experience that Brocks offers a first class exhaust, as does Hindle. Brocks is very well known in the drag racing world and have set the standard for Hayabusa and ZX14 exhaust. Yes their exhaust is typically loud, but it also makes the most power of anything in the market. Hence the pipe of choice for drag racing. I'm excited to hear the bike after the system is installed. I'll be sure to post up some sound clips as soon as they are made available.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hindle is very reputable. They make very nice systems for many, many bikes. The 1st Gen Yamaha Vmax being one of them. 10hp with no other tuning is a bold claim. Interested for sure...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Lots of Hindles north of the border. I have their older race version on my R6. Great sounding systems.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That is the best looking aftermarket header yet. Actually hugs the bike instead of sticking out like all the others.
Yeah, I think it looks great. I would like to see how much oil filter clearance it allows though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Forgot about the Yosh!
No gaps. Maybe Dantheman can comment on the oil changing clearance...

I am with you, I don't like the looks of the pipes that have that gap.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts