Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got Brembo M4 Block Calipers from a friend. I would like to know what I need to make it fit.
Model
20.9883 - Left
20.9884 - Right
They came out of a MV F3 2013-2020
I believe it's the same model from a Triumph Daytona 765R 2013-2017

I'm guessing someone else has installed the same system on our bikes.
I'd like to know what I need to have it installed, do I need spacers, new rotors?
This is what they look like

Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unluckily you got 100 mm calipers , instead of 108 mm , sorry for you...

Reactions: Keef

·
Registered
42 Posts
All euro bikes (and few newest jap 9 are using 100 mm calipers with 30 mm offset , you´ll need 108 mm with 22,5 mm offset as most of the japs .

Reactions: Keef

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
When you say '100mm' you mean the spacing between the mounting holes is 100mm - or does this refer to some other dimension of the caliper. Offset is the distance between the centerline of the mounting holes and the centerline of the 'disk' ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
When you say '100mm' you mean the spacing between the mounting holes is 100mm - or does this refer to some other dimension of the caliper. Offset is the distance between the centerline of the mounting holes and the centerline of the 'disk' ?
Yes , normally we refer in this terms

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
Yes , normally we refer in this terms
Thanks for the additional info....I've never looked much into caliper & brake swaps, but I learned something today.

So the OP's calipers could be made to work, suppose he also upgraded to larger diameter rotors, then he'd have the thickness to have an adapter machined that would relocate the mounting holes and move the calipers slightly towards the rotor to adjust for the different offset - right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will be cheaper , easy and more safe got proper calipers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All euro bikes (and few newest jap 9 are using 100 mm calipers with 30 mm offset , you´ll need 108 mm with 22,5 mm offset as most of the japs .
Thanks for the info.
I asked because I didn't know anything about this or any compatibility issues.
This is just a borrowed caliper from a friend who upgraded to Stylema.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts